Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ballast under side seats

I have an 06 Supra launch 21v and was wondering if any of you guys have every played around with putting ballast bags running up the sides of the back of the boat, underneath the cushions, where the cooler and ski locker is? Some of the people that come out on the boat don't like the extra ballast bags on top of the seats.

I do that every time I use one of the boats from my shop. Typically the sacs don't fill up as much, but it helps with the seating.

Awesome. What size bag are you throwing under there?

Typically a 650. It only fills about half way though.

I have cut out the cooler and put a 370 tube sac under that side perfect fit

Thats what im going to end up doing. The cooler is crap anyway a portable one would be way better.

Hi guys,
    Following this thread, I invite you to take a look to the set-up I’ve made up with WakeMakers.com team's recommendations.
    • Back compartment : 2 x Pro X Series Jumbo V-Drive Surf Sac - W719: 1100 lbs (each)
    • Left side (replacing cooler) : 1x Pro X Series Tube Sac - W704 : 370 lbs
    • Under front seats: 2 x Pro X Series V-Drive Wake Surf Sac - W713: 400 lbs (each)
    • Center locker: 1 x Center Gravity Games Sac - W842: 1180 lbs
    • Top of rear seat: 1 x Pro X Series Fat Sac - W707: 750 lbs +
    Next stage will be to upgrade pump system to make every sac independent, in order to maximize boat's weighting flexibility.

image1.jpg
    image2.jpg
    image3.jpg
    image4.jpg
    image5.jpg`

That should cover all the bases as far as how much weight you would ever need!!!!! If that doesn't do it you might start stacking tungsten blocks in it

What do you surf with? How much weight and where.

Thanks

Kevin Allen

Domyweb73. I think I'm about to put in that setup plus a bag behind the driver side locker (I'm goofy). I'm going to start by pluming in one ballast puppy pump with 4 hoses to each bag with a ball valve just before the bag. This is going to be the temporary setup to last the end of summer. Then in the winter I'm converting the old ballast to run the middle and how bags and then three individual pumps to run the center and two corners.

Does the 1100 lb bag hurt anything in the rear locker? I know a lot of people reinforce the engine side panel, but I read a post about someone getting fiberglass damage from overfilling.