Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: goofy question

MC props turn the same way as supra props. The CC's are the weird RH rotation props.

The answer to your problems with the goofy wave lies in how much weight is in the boat. Give it some more weight and you'll have a surfable wave.

My boat surfs great on both sides... I surf goofy and have a great wave with the right weight combo. What kind of boat do you have?
    Last edited by Zim; 08-02-2013 at 02:53 PM.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

87 sunsport. I pretty sure I'm under weighted, only one fat sac under rear bench and usually 3 or 4 bodies here and there. about 1000# total
    Last edited by dirtydawg; 08-03-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Being newer to this, and regular foot on the regular side, I noticed I would always fall out of the pocket, even when we got it weighted right and the speed down, I would still fall out. I found out that even though I had my feet in the "right" position, and was leaning forward, I still didn't have enough drive going forward. I think this is because I'm a bigger guy and need more push than other guys. To compensate and correct for this, I moved my footing forward. So far forward that my back foot isn't on the rear traction pad and is actually on the rear of the front traction pad. My front foot is about 50/50 hanging off the front of the traction pad and onto the board surface. With my change in footing, my weight is shifted considerably towards the front of the board and I'm now getting the push and drive I need to stay in the wake. If you give it a shot, just don't try to go too far forward as it can make things very squirrely and you can pearl the nose easy which results in submarine time.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtydawg View Post
    87 sunsport. I pretty sure I'm under weighted, only one fat sac under rear bench and usually 3 or 4 bodies here and there. about 1000# total
    Not enough weight.

I use this (370 + 750)

with another tube sack (250) under the rear seat...

To get this:
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Quote Originally Posted by phathom View Post
    Being newer to this, and regular foot on the regular side, I noticed I would always fall out of the pocket, even when we got it weighted right and the speed down, I would still fall out. I found out that even though I had my feet in the "right" position, and was leaning forward, I still didn't have enough drive going forward. I think this is because I'm a bigger guy and need more push than other guys. To compensate and correct for this, I moved my footing forward. So far forward that my back foot isn't on the rear traction pad and is actually on the rear of the front traction pad. My front foot is about 50/50 hanging off the front of the traction pad and onto the board surface. With my change in footing, my weight is shifted considerably towards the front of the board and I'm now getting the push and drive I need to stay in the wake. If you give it a shot, just don't try to go too far forward as it can make things very squirrely and you can pearl the nose easy which results in submarine time.
    Like this?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.