Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
Nope, Launch and Saltare are different hulls. But it will still throw down with good weight.

Yep, I agree. If that's true about the tranny replacement he should have paperwork to show it, or SC will have records of it. I'd confirm that it was a warranty failure, not a replacement purchase because he hit something. Bent fin, new tranny and shaft, that's sure is a coincidence. But I'm leery of most people and it takes a lot for me to give trust.

Don't worry about the cash in hand thing, that's an old tactic to hold on price. It may be true, it may not. But don't feel pressured by it. Whether he has cash in hand or not, he should still negotiate. I mean great the other guy has cash, was he going to pay with livestock? Offer him cash once you guys work out a number. Just say, I'll be paying cash, but we need to look at the price. Then you can decide whether or not to give in to his prices.

It is a nice boat, and if it all checks out about the transmission, and you are happy with it, only you can decide what's a fair price. Good luck man, keep us posted.

It wouldn't have been a warranty replacement if it's 15 years old would it. I'd assume it was a purchase. I would like to think it's a scare tactic, hate to think anyone on here would see these posts and run to get it after I'm trying to figure out the best route. However If it's meant to be it's meant to be. I'm having a bit of a difficult time convincing the other half to go for it. Why buy a boat and spend another 6G on it when you can buy a boat for 14? My reply, that boat at 14 will still need work. To get a hands free boat for the next 4years we'd be looking at spending 25,000+ . But good luck explaining that one ha.

So well see, I can't get back up that way for a few days. Guess we'll see how everything goes.