Default New Owner - 2008 Supra Launch 22 SSV With Pic!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98187585@N02/9361903968/

Hello,

Just bought a new to me 2008 Supra Launch 22 SSV. It will be delivered to our marina sometime this week as I'm having the stock stereo/remotes/amps upgraded to a new Kenwood system. I had a 2000 Tige' 21i Rider's Edition that I traded in for this boat. Before that I've had4 Malibus.

I am just getting into Wake Surfing. I am regular foot and have been surfing (in the ocean) my whole life as I'm from Huntington Beach, AL originally and recently moved back to Atlanta, GA from Melbourne Beach, FL so bought the Tige' last year. Needed a V drive for my family as it was tight with the big 'ol motor hump on the direct drive boat.

Question - I have the Gravity Ballast System. I know that there was a factory upgrade option to 1100lbs ballasts. Is there a way to know if my boat has that option? Also - what is the best setup for a nice long and clean wake to surf? I am old school with cutbacks, etc. and less about pops and spins so would like a wake to move around and go down the line a bit, floaters, etc. I have read many different setups and from what I see it is wakeplate all the way up, front ballast 100% full and passenger's (port) side. Just wondering. Not really interested in adding more 3rd party external ballasts, etc. since I have little kids and my wife will mostly be driving. I'm not that hard core into it and also still wakeboard a bunch.
    Last edited by Copper; 07-24-2013 at 06:11 PM.