Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    Nope, Launch and Saltare are different hulls.
    Are you absolutely positive about that? I've always been told, and read many times that the Launch hull below the waterline was basically the same up until 2004. The exception being that they rounded off the back on the Launch. There's a guy on my lake with an 04 Launch and sitting in the water looking at it coming back to get me I could swear it was a saltare...

Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post
    Would not. Too many unknown variables for me. Would find later model Launch and invest in that.
    So if I said my cap at maximum was 18,000; what might you suggest? And by cap I mean composite boat ready to roll with very minimal needed for a few years. Wish I could afford a V Drive, but that's definitely not in the cards. I do a good bit of tubing, wakeboarding, skiing

20130721_120855.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post
    I'd buy in a heartbeat looking at ad. Now that I hear of tranny replace, shaft replace, bent skag, entire upholstery re-do etc., etc. I wouldn't give it a second glance. That's no scare tactic, that's just scary to wonder why so many issues?
    20130721_121100.jpg

Just a glimpse of the interior, besides the playpen, it all looks like this. Probably why it wasn't pictured. My 87's interior is 75% better Thanks this and it's original. And he never posted this picture of the gash behind the fuel fill either.
    Last edited by vvfdfirefighter; 07-22-2013 at 08:41 PM.

You wouldn't find me anywhere near $8,000 for that thing... Heck, I wouldn't even want to deal with those issues.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Function before fashion!

Quote Originally Posted by Ptownkid View Post
    Are you absolutely positive about that? I've always been told, and read many times that the Launch hull below the waterline was basically the same up until 2004. The exception being that they rounded off the back on the Launch. There's a guy on my lake with an 04 Launch and sitting in the water looking at it coming back to get me I could swear it was a saltare...
    No I'm not 100% sure. But I think that the angle of slope in the stern from the skegs back is more steep on the Launch, and more flat on the Saltare. I was under a Launch a bunch back in the day, but that was before my Saltare so I couldn't compare.

As for that boat, wow, I would walk away. That's way too much damage and neglect. Time to look at others.

The one is Dickson TN is about 1.5 hours away from me. If you get real serious I can go check it out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 2500HD View Post
    The one in Richmond is sold, I looked at it and within 3 hours of leaving he called and said someone got it.

The one in TN looks great. Thanks for the listings 2500!!

Well I got the call last night, the salt is gone. Curious to what he got for it.
    Last edited by vvfdfirefighter; 07-23-2013 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    As for that boat, wow, I would walk away. That's way too much damage and neglect. Time to look at others.

The one is Dickson TN is about 1.5 hours away from me. If you get real serious I can go check it out for you.
    That one in Dixon is 11 hours away from me but I sure would love to get an honest opinion on it!

Quote Originally Posted by vvfdfirefighter View Post
    Well I got the call last night, the salt is gone. Curious to what he got for it.
    Then the good decision was made for you... I hope someone didn't pay 11 for it. The interior was bad but fixable. The part of the cap by the fuel fill would have scared me off... that would have taken some money to make it look good... plus you dont know how much damage it did to the cap...

The guy did you a favor by selling it.
    86 Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by jasun View Post
    Then the good decision was made for you... I hope someone didn't pay 11 for it. The interior was bad but fixable. The part of the cap by the fuel fill would have scared me off... that would have taken some money to make it look good... plus you dont know how much damage it did to the cap...

The guy did you a favor by selling it.
    Yeah I'm not too heartbroken on this one, I wasn't in love but I did like it. I was having a hard time convincing the other half anyway. They want a water ready boat , not understanding that's going to cost. I aappreciate everyone helping out though! Keepthe posts going on boats available. I do an allsearch of cCraigslist but seems it's nit giving me all.