Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

I'm curious... These are still foamed though have composite stringers and floor. So nothing will rot, but foam can still be saturated and hold a lot of water. This would at least hold a lot of weight and possibly cause delamination or other damage from the water freezing in winter. So on a composite boat that has been used hard and put away wet, with no cover like this one, might one still need to remove the floor and remove all the wet foam and inspect the structure?

Quote Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
    I'm curious... These are still foamed though have composite stringers and floor. So nothing will rot, but foam can still be saturated and hold a lot of water. This would at least hold a lot of weight and possibly cause delamination or other damage from the water freezing in winter. So on a composite boat that has been used hard and put away wet, with no cover like this one, might one still need to remove the floor and remove all the wet foam and inspect the structure?
    That's a good point, never even thought about that. I was assuming the foam used in the new(er) boats was closed cell foam. Guess I'm even more glad I didn't get it.

I work for high-test whiskey. Crown Royal Special Reserve to be exact.

One in Clarksville is also about 1.5 hours from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptownkid View Post
    Are you absolutely positive about that? I've always been told, and read many times that the Launch hull below the waterline was basically the same up until 2004. The exception being that they rounded off the back on the Launch. There's a guy on my lake with an 04 Launch and sitting in the water looking at it coming back to get me I could swear it was a saltare...
    Looking at side profile pictures they certainly look the same. I've always heard that the Sunsport became the Launch 22 and the Saltare became the Launch 24. I don't know why they would have all new molds made and not change them very much.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

96Comp Guest

Take a look at Richmond Craigslists. There's a 99 Launch that looks good. Richmond is not too far from Lake Anna. Judging from the ad, the boat is at LKA. He wants 15k. By the time you add the tower to this one, you may be close in price, but the Launch also have built in ballast.

Quote Originally Posted by 96Comp View Post
    Take a look at Richmond Craigslists. There's a 99 Launch that looks good. Richmond is not too far from Lake Anna. Judging from the ad, the boat is at LKA. He wants 15k. By the time you add the tower to this one, you may be close in price, but the Launch also have built in ballast.
    If that's the one for 15,000 I looked at it on my way put of town..3 hours later it was sold. Just hasn't been removed off CL, ill check right now though. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 96Comp View Post
    This is the only launch showing, is this it?

http://richmond.craigslist.org/boa/3842762922.html

If So it's been sold for over a week.

No doubt at that price with a brand new PP stargazer system.

Alright folks....2000 launch...has a 310hp carburated engine, hydraulic wake plate, factory ballist...under powered?