Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Swim platform bracket question

My 02 Santera has a little slop in the platform brackets. When I'm anchored up and waves come by it rocks just enough to be anoying as hell. Does anyone else have this issue and have you found a cure?

While I don't have the same boat, I know on our 07' 22SSV it also has slightly loose brackets. If they are dovetail brackets on your boat, you can probably drill some holes in the face of the boats mounts and then tap them. This will allow you to screw a bolt into the bracket and tighten it in the dovetail, can use a jam nut to lock it as well. From what I have read this is how the dealers fix the issue and something I plan to do to ours in the coming weeks.
    2007 Supra Launch 22SSV

(2) Wetsounds Rev 10's, (6) XS-650, (1) Syn 6, (1) Syn 4, (1) Kicker 10" Sub, WS-420SQ Full RGB LED on Wetsounds
    (2) SeaBlaze 3 Blue Transom Lights
    Supra Surf swim platform
    NauticLogic GPS Speedwheel/Perfect Pass Interface
    Wakemakers Ballast Upgrade, 3 Pump Fill, 3 Pump Drain

MXZDrew, any links with pictures how this is done? My platform anoys me too.

The lower backing plate is glued on, if it has come loose you need this hole.

This side was ok, no hole required.

New style installed.

No pics of the old bracket but it was not dovetail style. Even with the set screws I have put composite door shims from Home Depot between the plate and platform support, this has eliminated any slop.
    But the original brackets I had on my Santera were round and ripping apart, the dovetail style was a huge improvement. I also went to two supports instead of three, I just took the center support off the deck but let the plate on the transom because of the holes.

i got some thick foam tape that is double sided used to seal the canopy that sit on a pick up truck bed along the side rails.
    I cut them to size and affixed with the tapes adhesive to the inside face of the bracket. (like a shim)
    Then put my platform on and pushed it hard against the bracket to allow me to insert my bracket pins ( which are a long bolt and a nut actually---pins come out to easily)
    end of problem!

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    No pics of the old bracket but it was not dovetail style. Even with the set screws I have put composite door shims from Home Depot between the plate and platform support, this has eliminated any slop.
    But the original brackets I had on my Santera were round and ripping apart, the dovetail style was a huge improvement. I also went to two supports instead of three, I just took the center support off the deck but let the plate on the transom because of the holes.
    We're they round with two bolt holes? And platform sitting on top of the peg? Then replaced with this new style? You just ordered them from sc? Bolt holes into boat matched up ok?

I too have the same noise when the waves roll into the rear of the boat. Going to try the foam idea to limit the rocking inside of the wedge style brackets.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

Yes, I just happen to be installing some underwater lights tonight so here's some pics.

Old center bracket I left on the boat.

Swim deck with center support removed and holes filled with silicone.

And new style brackets with set screws from the Supra dealer.

I recommend something even with the new brackets. Either a shim or foam, but it is a huge improvement over the round style!

Here's the new underwater lights installed.