Default Composite '92 Comp on Craigslist - $5k

Just saw this out there. Seems like a helluva deal....which leads me to think why he's only asking "$5k or around that range" for it.

http://yuma.craigslist.org/boa/3919478859.html

if i didnt live so far away i would snap this up, make a few minor tune ups and sell her to a good home; probably for more than the restore! they all look so nice in the pictures!
    -Mike
    92 Supra Comp
    351 PCM

Why do you say composite? Are you saying my 92 is Composite? If it is I would love to hear it.
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    1.23:1 tranny
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1989 Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 5.8 Power Plus Package

1984 E-Scow

If you have a curved windshield it may be composite stringer
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

If you have a curved windshield it is composite

Sweet! Yes, I have the curved windshield and the last 2 digits are 92. Thats cool. No wood stringers to ever worry about. Any idea on if I have that nasty foam?
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1984 E-Scow

You most likely have the foam...and there is a little bit of wood here and there, just not the stringers and flooring. For some reason I can't quite understand, they used plywood for the backing plates for the rudder and the strut and glassed over them. I had to grind mine out and replace them in my saltare.

Yes, there are many things Supra did that I don't understand why or who thought is ok to do some things. Such as, the bilge pump float switch was hard wired with a fuse and no switch. Our fuse was burnt out so it never worked. Also, they just piggy backed all the grounds off of the bilge pump switch. The dash lights were hooked up to the key and not nav light switch so they were always on. Supra had the most complicated switch setup I have ever seen! The bilge pump and blower switch were the worst! I had to do a lot studying to figure what the h*ll was going on! (and I'm pretty good with wiring for a 17 year old, rewired the grounds and many other things in the Supra, I know not the cleanest work but its my boat, my work that I have done for other people is MUCH neater.)

Also, why not make the back seat removable for SKIING in a SKI boat? I mean, CC and MC have removable seats... My driver seat is torn up under neath from my dad and all of his buddies skis sitting against the driver seat because there wasn't enough room! So we had to make the seat removable our selves. Theres a list of things I could question Supra on, but, oh well, I love the boat.

I have my own thread, "A few questions..." if you have more to add.

1984 E-Scow