Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

All the i's are dotted and t's are crossed. At this point I would put the bottom hose straight into a bucket, and disconnect the top hose from the manifold and point it into a bucket. Pour a bit of water down both the intake and outflow hoses ( shouldn't need it but it cant' hurt) and then crank her up to see what happens. The only other thing that I can think of is that you have the wrong impeller, did you have to bend all the flaps when you installed it? it should have looked like this; The only other thing that could be wrong is the cam is missing, but the screw that holds it in is visible on your pump and that could only be true if the cam was in there.

BTW the best way to do a bucket for these tests is to put a hose fitting in to the bottom side of the bucket so you don't have to extend the hose or tip the bucket in some funky way.

Good luck

I would also check to make sure that nothing got sucked up and is stuck in the trans cooler. Pull off the top hose and look down inside to check for anything blocking water flow.
    1990 COMP
    PCM 351
    1.23:1 TRANS

Default Fake a lake 89 supra conbrio

Love these responses. Chris i will try that later and yes, i lubed up the impeller to install it because it was such a tight fit. They definitely had to bend to go in.

What is this cam you speak of?

I will check the oil cooler later to check for blockage as well and run these tests w the bucket. Thanks guys!

If you look at the photo in my post, the cam is the lump in the bore of the pump basically right above the wrench in the photo. It makes the vanes compress in order to create pressure and vacuum as they pass by the outflow and intake ports.

The oil cooler is clear.

One more thing down.

Also, i feel dumb lol. Yes the cam and key were there.

Now, I think you are telling me disconnect the hose right after the cooler and put it in a bucket? And you said disco the top hose at the manifold too. Im a little confused on which ones to pull.

Please point it out to make it retard proof for me
    Last edited by Thomasv; 08-22-2013 at 08:24 PM.

Check the water grate in the hull. Sometimes chunks will make there way all the way to there.

Quote Originally Posted by villain View Post
    Check the water grate in the hull. Sometimes chunks will make there way all the way to there.
    I bypassed the grate by taking the hose thats connected to the 90 elbow off and putting it in a bucket. Is that good enough?

For testing purposes it is good

Roger. I will be sure its cleared before giving the all clear.

Considering rebuilding the pump. Read page 5 finally. Nice breakdown! I dont know if the pump is the issue or not but i see where someone else brought up "priming" the engine. Hmmmm