Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    Well no wonder your throttle is messed up, quit hitting it with a hammer. Jeez, what did it ever do to you?
    Ugh...there you go again being "that" guy.

I echo the talking nice to your boat. My wife has yet to truly embrace this philosophy though and it is funny because they boat will sometimes misbehave but only for her.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

I can attest to the fact that this boat was cursed... I believe the demons are beginning to slowly leave her.

Rarely do all the demons leave at once, sometimes it takes months, even years to break the curse. Looks like your on the right track though.... WHERES THE PICS???

image.jpg. I need to take some better picture but here is one the day I brought it home and started cleaning her out. My friend wet sanded the gel coat so last weekend I started buffing it out. I spent all day Sunday cleaning her.

Here is my wife helping clean the boatimage.jpg

a little TLC and she will be back to business!
    all boats have demons. mine sure does, but once you get to know them they are not so bad.
    good luck!
    -Mike
    92 Supra Comp
    351 PCM

if you ever decide to get rid of the boat, ill buy it for what you paid for it lol. Seriously though, i've paid $$$$ for boats in A LOT worse shape. Good score! enjoy!

Took her out for a test run today and ended up being towed back. When I launched it today I noticed it was a little slow to turn over. I got it started and she ran great. However, when I turned her off and tried to restart her she was extremely slow to turn over. Luckily I got it started. I ran her for a little while longer then turned her off. This time she was slow to turn over and I couldn't get her to start. I put a new battery in her last week and I charged it before we went today. This is the same symtoms my friend had each time he took the boat out. I did notice when the boat was in neutral it slightly pulled. After I got the boat out of the water it started. I got the boat home and disconnected the tranny cable. When I put the tranny lever into the neutral position the prop still spins.

The starter is new. That's what my friend thought is was originally so he replaced it. I'm thinking the problem has been the tranny the whole time.

I would try new battery cables and clean the ground connection. I ended up putting 0 Ga. Cables on mine, made a huge difference.

Next step, check voltage while running. Maybe alternator has taken a dive.
    1985 Supra Comp TS6M
    351 Windsor - 240 HP
    Velvet Drive - 1:1
    Fully Rebuilt