Default Awesome 86 Comp with new stringers and floor for a great price.

This is in my neck of the woods. I may go just to check it out. If someone is interested I can check it out for them.

This is a great boat. Says new stringers and floor by the factory. Asking $6900

http://nashville.craigslist.org/boa/3953147373.html

Its a looker for sure same interior as my 84. I would love to have that trailer and get rid of the tandem trailer I have now.

Just noticed some sort of boom-foogle captains chair that looks like it came off a pontoon. Not sure what happened there. That and the throttle is weird as well.

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    Just noticed some sort of boom-foogle captains chair that looks like it came off a pontoon. Not sure what happened there. That and the throttle is weird as well.
    I noticed the captains chair looked goofy as well and that throttle is only goofy for the handle, that is the oh so awesome morse control that is screwed right into the fiberglass though.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Hello everyone,

Thanks for checking out my boat.

I do have the original captains chair, but it needs some work not even sure if it can be repaired. Too many years sitting up on the back of it I guess. The seat in the pictures I took off of an old fishing boat I had just so I could get out on the water. And, Yes it is not the best look. If anyone knows where I can get a proper replacement captains chair I would be interested.

The original throttle knob cracked and broke off. Again, I just found something in the garage that would fit. The extra length actually gives you a little more throttle contol but I admit it looks goofy and has to go. Easy enough to replace.

Haugy, if you would like to check it out in person contact me directly. I would be glad to show it to you.

Hey guys, Correct Craft owner here. What do you mean by "repaired by the factory"? Did Supra warranty stringer and floor rot? What year did Supra stop using wood stringers?

Quote Originally Posted by Liteman View Post
    Hello everyone,

Thanks for checking out my boat.

I do have the original captains chair, but it needs some work not even sure if it can be repaired. Too many years sitting up on the back of it I guess. The seat in the pictures I took off of an old fishing boat I had just so I could get out on the water. And, Yes it is not the best look. If anyone knows where I can get a proper replacement captains chair I would be interested.

The original throttle knob cracked and broke off. Again, I just found something in the garage that would fit. The extra length actually gives you a little more throttle contol but I admit it looks goofy and has to go. Easy enough to replace.

Haugy, if you would like to check it out in person contact me directly. I would be glad to show it to you.
    Liteman, I got your message. I may do that. I sent you some information on where to take your captains chair for repairs. I had my old Comp captains chair redone to match my Saltare interior, and it's perfect. Piping, stitching, everything matches dead on.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_in_ny View Post
    Hey guys, Correct Craft owner here. What do you mean by "repaired by the factory"? Did Supra warranty stringer and floor rot? What year did Supra stop using wood stringers?
    Jeff, Supra used to take in older boats that had stringer issues and rot. They would repair them. At the time it was the best option as they knew their boats best. They were not warranty repairs. It would be an out of pocket expense, typically a pretty healthy one. Supra went to composites in 1992. Most discernible way to tell is the rounded windshield. Older boats have a more squared edge windshield, the composites have a rounded no edge windshield. HOWEVER: In 1997 Supra made the Supra Comp Ts6m Classic. This boat was built using older top caps and materials that were still available from the 89-91 era. The boat looked like the first original comp, windshield was square, and it was dead on to the first Comps. However, since composites were used then and the benefits were known, these rare Comps were built with composite floors. So a buyer would get the classic look and appeal, but all the benefits of no wood construction. The 97-98 comps that have the square windshield are composite, not wood.

Thanks Haugy. Seems like all manufacturers made the switch to composite around the same time. I love the late 80's Saltare and will be looking for another project soon...