Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default soft wake surfing rope options

I am trying to find out if anyone has a good brand of softer wakesurfing ropes? My kids are having a blast learning but the usual nylon surf rope is hard on their hands.

Get one with a T-Handle, like this: http://www.buywake.com/itemimages/20...e_T-Handle.jpg

DO NOT, get one with a 'looped' or triangular handle, those can get caught on limbs and be pretty dangerous.

Tie a wakeboard rope handle to the end of your existing rope. Key is don't make it too long and have people wrapping excess rope around their hands once they get into the pocket.

I've got a straight line that isn't soft but it IS really nice and thick and has foam handles on it.

I've got a friend with another brand that actually is really soft and easy on the hands.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Barb'd wire, that'll get the kids to learn to let go.

We just took an old wakeboard rope that was real tired and put a t-handle on it.

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    Barb'd wire, that'll get the kids to learn to let go.

We just took an old wakeboard rope that was real tired and put a t-handle on it.
    Doing this is NOT safe. Wakeboard ropes should never be used when surfing. Since the surf line is not always tight, a wakeboard rope can easily wrap around a finger and literally rip your finger off if the rider falls or it tightens up from the boats pull again.

Get a wakesurf specific rope that is thicker to prevent this, and get one without a closed loop handle. It only takes 1 time for your kid to lose a finger, a good rope is worth the 40-100 dollar investment.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Default soft wake surfing rope options

Check out the agenda wake surf handle. It's a buddie of mines company. Great products. They also do boat and board traction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    Doing this is NOT safe. Wakeboard ropes should never be used when surfing. Since the surf line is not always tight, a wakeboard rope can easily wrap around a finger and literally rip your finger off if the rider falls or it tightens up from the boats pull again.

Get a wakesurf specific rope that is thicker to prevent this, and get one without a closed loop handle. It only takes 1 time for your kid to lose a finger, a good rope is worth the 40-100 dollar investment.
    I had a response, but I'm pretty sure you would have taken it wrong. But try to read what you quoted from me, and then stated..................................T-handle.

I think he is talking about the thin diameter of the rope allows the potential of a body part getting wrapped up in it compared to the weaved, thick ropes.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Quote Originally Posted by CornRickey View Post
    I think he is talking about the thin diameter of the rope allows the potential of a body part getting wrapped up in it compared to the weaved, thick ropes.
    This is correct. Wakeboard ropes can wrap around limbs and digits very easily. If you're wrapped up and fall, even 10mph is enough to cut a finger off... especially on a younger kid. Does it work? Sure. Is it worth the risk rather than investing in a 40 dollar wakesurf specific rope? Absolutely not.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V