Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lift for a Saltare

I was thinking about getting a lift (used). Is there a special kind for an inboard? or can any work? Does anyone have any CL examples that I can look at?

Thanks!
    86 Saltare

At the very least it needs to be for an inboard, and most will work, but depending on how far your driveshaft comes forward, you'll just need to make sure there is clearance. But like I said, if it's for an inboard, it'll work for most.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

I'm buying one this year. They all can be retrofitted. Ideally I boards should have one board on each side of the lift. Make sure the boards get the prop high enough up so you don't hit it in the cross members. Last year I had my supra on a boat list that was set up for run about and had no problems other then it sat kind of funny. When you're looking make sure to get one that will lift you boat. Remember that the weight provided by supra is dry and empty. Account for gas, a driver, and all the stuff you keep in the boat. I'm looking for a 3600lbs lift with cover

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

I talked to a guy who recommended a 4000lb lift for the salt
    86 Saltare

I purchased a cantilevered lift about 3 years ago. Shortly after, my friend's dad gave me his 5 year old veritical lift with canopy. In my mind they will all work for an inboard, like others have said, you just have to make sure the bunks are high enough to make sure you dont hit the skegs, driveshaft or prop on the rear cross beam. There are 2 types of stand alone lifts and it depends on preference for the most part (cantilevered or vertical). There is a forum that has some insight http://forums.iboats.com/boat-topics...al-389921.html

as an fyi, I have a 4000lb hoist for my 1989 Conbrio.
    '89 Conbrio

I am using a cantilever lift for my Legacy, 3600lb. As others have mentioned, you have to have the bunks up enough to get the fins and the driveshaft high enough to cross over the frame. Since i have low water late in the summer (~2ft), I set my bunks so I would have only an inch of clearance to the fins, otherwise I cant get it off the lift. If you have alot of water depth you shouldnt have any issues. In the evenings while we are at the cottage, we just lift it enough to get the hull out the water. When we go home for the week, we put it full up. Love the lift, its great pulling the boat in the fall and its almost as clean as when we launched in the spring.
    Last edited by eyespyautomotive; 02-10-2014 at 03:44 PM.
    Matt (eyespyautomotive)
    2000 Supra Legacy
    2015 Crest SLE 250

Jealous...i wish we could have a lift. Lake level fluctuates 8 feet over the season.

I'm in the same boat. Some of the lifts have legs that can be adjusted for water height. My baja lift works like a charm and only move the legs once late in the season

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady

adjusted 8 feet, haha?

My water depth goes drops roughly 6' from spring to fall. I have never had a problem the lift does 4' and the legs on mine are adjustable. Click the legs down late summer and I'm back in business till the fall when I pull it out. I was at the local boat show today and most of them have long legs that can be used I'm going to get one for my supra.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady