Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Epic X22

Default Toyota Epic X22

Alright So I know this is a Supra forum, being a Supra owner I respect that. However, I love having boats that are different from the rest on the water. Started out as being the only Supra owner on our river and now after 6+ years there are now about 8 on the water other than mine. Everyone owned master crafts before.

Now I'm looking to upgrade my Supra. Love Supra, and I'll probably keep should of mine, but I've ran across a Toyota Epic X22, this boat was the official model boat of the 99-2000 gravity games. Has a Lexus 4.0 ?? Anyone know anything about these boat's?

I know they don't make them anymore... probably for a reason. That motor is a good motor, not sure how it held up in a marine environment though. Overall, Toyota just never broke through the market enough to make it worthwhile. I certainly wouldn't ever sell my supra for one of them, that's for sure.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Default Toyota Epic X22

Really,really,really hard to get parts for....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    I know they don't make them anymore... probably for a reason. That motor is a good motor, not sure how it held up in a marine environment though. Overall, Toyota just never broke through the market enough to make it worthwhile. I certainly wouldn't ever sell my supra for one of them, that's for sure.
    I definitely wouldn't get rid of my Supra for it That's for sIreland. From what I read they are bullet proof, ceramic stringers ect. Yota only wanted to make something like 1000 a year, to keep them as more quality then quantity. Very good looking boats. Just curious about the wake.

Quote Originally Posted by villain View Post
    Really,really,really hard to get parts for....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    That's what I'm wanting to know! I know they stopped making them in 02, but said they would provide service for 10 years...but who knows how hard things will get to find for them now that it's year 11

Quote Originally Posted by vvfdfirefighter View Post
    I definitely wouldn't get rid of my Supra for it That's for sIreland. From what I read they are bullet proof, ceramic stringers ect. Yota only wanted to make something like 1000 a year, to keep them as more quality then quantity. Very good looking boats. Just curious about the wake.
    Here's some info on them...

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewto...cab802c500b0e9
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

I wouldn't buy a foreign boat. Plenty of good American boats with American power that will perform better. Avoid the foreign junk. Tiny engine, expensive parts, poor availability. Try getting a marine Starter on a weekend for that boat, or any other common failure item. Not gonna happen, and maybe not even by next weekend. Chevy or Ford power and any good marina or even Napa can get you that starter either same day in stock or next day worst case. Been there done that with Volvo engine in a relatives boat.

Bottom line, I buy American whenever possible be it used or new. Only time I buy foreign is with things that there just isn't an American option.

There is one on ebay. no reserve
    Function before fashion!

Quote Originally Posted by 2500HD View Post
    There is one on ebay. no reserve
    And it's probably in TN? This one is listed online for 13000 I tgink. The availability of dealers, none, would be my concern. Seems like a boat one just wouldn't be able to sale if they had it. With nobody being able to service them. I tell you what, if I bought a 60+ thousand dollar boat in 2002 and found out yota pulled out right after and would only provide VERY LIMITED service for them.
    I'd be quite pi$$ed

DOHC V8 definetly goes head to head with old tech ohv V8 that most of our boats run, ex: 240HP 351W, 310 HP GT40P EFI 351W. I bet that motor could give a suped up 351W a run for its money... However, eh, just not my style of boat. But, they did want them to be a quality boat, so... Your call.
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    1.23:1 tranny
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1989 Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 5.8 Power Plus Package

1984 E-Scow