Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Pricing a boat for sale

Hi everyone,
    I have a one owner 2003 Direct Drive Supra Launch that I want to sell but, I am unsure how to price it for sale. I have done numerous web searches for like models but, can't find one. I continue to find SSV's and SS that are 21-22 feet in length again none like mine. I have gone to NADA and still don't find the correct matches for my boat. Any help would be great from anyone.

18-21K Depending on colour options and condition. Is it a gravity games edition ??

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

yes DAff, it is the gravity games edition with the 330 HP Indmar perfect pass, dual big bertha ballast front and rear, playpen rad-a cage tower brand new new Kicker KMT-60 tower speakers 10" sub and 6 new kenwood interior speakers dual batteries and much more. I want to get one of the newSA350-550 but, mama says I need to sell this one first. Color is Platinum and silver and it is in great condition. I have it serviced every year and basiclly fix any spider cracks when found. Also, it has never seen the snow during winter.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 08-06-2013 at 09:29 PM.

The issue with price is the value of the V drive same era boat is running around 22-26k, so this kinda puts a cap on the pricing of your boat at the lower end of the V drive scale. As for yours I would start around 21500 and go from there. Make sure the picks are high quality ...

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

You should check on the trade value at your dealer, see what they will offer on trade towards your new desire. If it is close to what you could sell it for t may be worth the loss of aggravation. In GA we save on sales tax as trade in value is deducted from the sales price so no sales taxes on that amount. That can be substantial and make it even more appealing to do a trade. Obviously none of this matters if they don't get close to what you think is fair. But at least you will have an idea what they think it's worth anyway and pricing is local to some extent, less so now that we are a worldwide community but still there are variations.

Good luck.

Kevin Allen

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I have a one owner 2003 Direct Drive Supra Launch that I want to sell but, I am unsure how to price it for sale. I have done numerous web searches for like models but, can't find one. I continue to find SSV's and SS that are 21-22 feet in length again none like mine. I have gone to NADA and still don't find the correct matches for my boat. Any help would be great from anyone.

I will be watching this thread as I'm looking for a launch myself. I will add though, most launches I've been looking at around TN, NC, WV, PA and such are going for around 15,000-18,000 with new interior and averaging 330-450 hours with carburated being at tge low ebd and fuel injection more around 17,500 And they are selling quick! So quick, by time I look at it, it's gone hours later. I hate impulse buying otherwise I'd buy one on the spot too ha.

Hope this helps a bit. If your located in the east coast let me know what your price comes out to be. I will tell you, some boats around here for sale, 99-03 launches that advertise tthe 22-26G price tag that nada suggest, they've been sitting for months.

Pictures are worth a thousand words..........or dollars. Put up pictures and we can help gauge your boat and what you will be facing.

And hell, it sounds like a nice boat that I want to see just for grins.

Lets see some pics!

i feel with all the free advice on here it would be a nice gesture to post on here first:
    might be able to sell to a site member and both be happy with sale and purchase!
    -Mike
    92 Supra Comp
    351 PCM

Haugy you always have to beat me to the PICS comment...that was close as i did not see your post before posting!
    -Mike
    92 Supra Comp
    351 PCM

I bought my Ssv last year. There was little comparable boats on the market at the time. it was fully loaded with a ton of gear, every option except docking lights and swing away tongue and better than excellent condition for the high twenties. on paper it was over priced but the condition, history and gear made up for it. So my point is you have to find someone who wants a nice boat and know what there looking at then able to justify the price difference between the v drive and direct. it's my opinion that the dds build in the same years as the vdrives depreciate at greater rate than the vdrives and this is going to lower the final sale price.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001