Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    The 22' Pavati is 3950 lbs the 22' Supra is 3800lbs. The 24 Pavati is 4175lbs the 24' Supra is 4000lbs . Fiberglass is cheap to fix and gel-coat will last the life of the boat.Plus Supra will most likely be here 5-10 years from now .
    Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't buy one till they were Well established and I knew they were sticking around. Plus there's bound to be bugs that need to be worked out. I mean look at Toyota's EPIC wake boats. Very nice Well built boats. But they didn't survive 5 years, now anyone with one can't get rid of it.

I like it because it is different, different doesn't always mean better though.....but welded stringers with ZERO wood always sounds good to me! The thing about "Supra being around 5 to 10 years"......they have been bought out a couple times by different mfg's right?
    Shane

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch

I like the idea, the innovation. I can see a lot of advantages of aluminum to fiberglass, as well as many disadvantages.

I think it's kinda cool, not really my style, but cool.

Are they actually selling these? They've been doing boat shows and trying to raise buzz for at least 5 years now.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by vvfdfirefighter View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't buy one till they were Well established and I knew they were sticking around. Plus there's bound to be bugs that need to be worked out. I mean look at Toyota's EPIC wake boats. Very nice Well built boats. But they didn't survive 5 years, now anyone with one can't get rid of it.
    Since when is Epic still not making boats? I'm pretty sure they are still in business, and have an electric boat to boot...although pretty dumb that it's a I/O configuration.

The thread for the Pavati boat on the Moomba forum has been getting pretty big. I did a little research on it. It seems like you can get pretty much the whole boat customized, including bow shape and dash configuration, to your liking. Sounds very interesting, especially if the price tag is really around the rumored $65k for the 21ft boat. Not like I'll be buying one anytime soon, but it's competitive especially adding the fact of customization.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    replaced 2000 Supra Launch

I like the idea as well. I've worked on and used aluminum boats for commercial fishing and hunting operations in Alaska. The boats we used were bare bones but very tough, durable, and easy to repair.

I can't say I like the looks of the boat the way it is configured but it does sound like you can shape and configure it to suit your own taste. I don't think a new boat is in my future but if I was younger and looking for a boat that would be a long term keeper, I would absolutely consider an aluminum hull, especially if the price is going to be in the same ball park.

Having said that, one of the most pleasing parts of fiberglass boat ownership is the beauty and eye appeal of the finish. I have never seen an aluminum boat finish that could match a nice gel coat and cant tell from the pictures what the finish is actually like. But they have a very high standard to meet if they want to equal what is available in fiberglass and attract the ski/wake/cruise crowd.
    1991 SunSport

Quote Originally Posted by wax View Post
    Since when is Epic still not making boats? I'm pretty sure they are still in business, and have an electric boat to boot...although pretty dumb that it's a I/O configuration.

The thread for the Pavati boat on the Moomba forum has been getting pretty big. I did a little research on it. It seems like you can get pretty much the whole boat customized, including bow shape and dash configuration, to your liking. Sounds very interesting, especially if the price tag is really around the rumored $65k for the 21ft boat. Not like I'll be buying one anytime soon, but it's competitive especially adding the fact of customization.
    Epic boats have no relation to the former Toyota Epic inboard ski boats.

Quote Originally Posted by wax View Post

Epic boats (www.epicboats.com) have no relation to the former Toyota Epic boats of the early 2000s. (www.epicmarine.com)

Ahhh thanks, I had no idea there was a difference! I always assumed they were one in the same.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    replaced 2000 Supra Launch

aluminum would be way more costly to repair if it got banged up. I really see no advantage, and unless it was made out of a heavy guage of aluminum it could dent pretty easy I think.