Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I know this is a few days old, but a few other things you can tell:
    The first 3 letters of the ID tag are PL (PCM Left rotation) or PR (PCM Right rotation). The tag pictured above is PL.

Also the firing order of the Standard Rotation is 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 and the firing order for Reverse Rotation is 1-8-4-5-6-2-7-3.

And, you can look at the prop. If you have a 1:1 transmission then the prop turns the same direction as the engine, when going forward.

Somewhere on my computers I have the PCM Ford and Chevy engine PDF that explains everything if anyone wants or needs it

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II through Tapatalk

Your motor is LH and your prop is RH. You have the 1.23:1 gear reduction tranny. Same as me.
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by kvand347 View Post
    Your motor is LH and your prop is RH. You have the 1.23:1 gear reduction tranny. Same as me.
    Actually, my tranny is 1:1
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Actually, my tranny is 1:1
    According to your tag. You have the 1.23:1 reduction trans

Quote Originally Posted by vvfdfirefighter View Post
    According to your tag. You have the 1.23:1 reduction trans

I guess my engine tag disagrees with my tranny tag. :-/

I'm trusting the designation on the actual transmission for the ratio...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

I guess my engine tag disagrees with my tranny tag. :-/

I'm trusting the designation on the actual transmission for the ratio...

Someone switched your trans on you! That boat originally came with the gear reduction trans. Hmmm. I do believe that makes your prop LH then.
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by kvand347 View Post
    Someone switched your trans on you! That boat originally came with the gear reduction trans. Hmmm. I do believe that makes your prop LH then.
    Yup! Trayson, show us a pic of your prop. BTW, I really like what you did with your boat. Great job.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_in_ny View Post
    Yup! Trayson, show us a pic of your prop. BTW, I really like what you did with your boat. Great job.
    I will definitley get you that picture. Now you're making me really curious. I can't imagine that I have the wrong rotation prop, I'm sure I'd notice that!

What is making me really curious is that I've noticed that my prop shaft is offset from the rudder. I'm sure it's done taking into account the placement for steering and prop-wash. So if I changed prop direction, wouldn't that make it so that my steering would be quite a bit affected?? I guess I should wait to ask these questions until I have the pics and we know things for certain!

I will definitley get you that picture. Now you're making me really curious. I can't imagine that I have the wrong rotation prop, I'm sure I'd notice that!

What is making me really curious is that I've noticed that my prop shaft is offset from the rudder. I'm sure it's done taking into account the placement for steering and prop-wash. So if I changed prop direction, wouldn't that make it so that my steering would be quite a bit affected?? I guess I should wait to ask these questions until I have the pics and we know things for certain!
    The prop shaft is offset from the rudder so you don't have to remove the rudder in the event that you need to remove the prop shaft.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski