Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great summer!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    "It's too hot." "It's too cold." "It's too wet." "Water is too low." "I don't have my truck this weekend." "I have brown recluse spiders in my attic." "I have to work." "I have to go check out a bunch of Supras for someone else."

Gotta bust your balls man...
    Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post
    Which would explain why he is also having another child.
    Major ouch.

Haters. Besides, it's been a friggin monsoon in TN this year. We've had record rainfall levels. Even if I can get out, it's like a minefield out there.

I checked out the WTW events, Nothing even remotely close to NY..... Come on the Water isn't THAT cold up here. I'd love to see/ participate in one of these events if they wern't so far away
    1988 Supra Sun Sport 454 PCM
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

Villain - Yes, we made a storage area where the fire extinguisher used to be. I never liked the fire extinguisher where it was originally located, and besides that the plastic mount is cheap and a little hokey, in my opinion. They just cut the opening larger and made a picture-frame using a plastic substrate of some sort, then covered it with vinyl and used mesh to make a "pocket" to hold things like sunscreen. It's very handy. I don't have a real good picture of just that space, but I do have one of my motor that shows the pocket in the background. I almost hate to re-post it because several of the old-timers on here have given me a hard time about my dirty engine . . .

Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Quote Originally Posted by DAFF View Post
    I have offered my help in the past but have never been contacted by anyone... Perhaps next season I could attend the Ohio event and perhaps grow from there.
    Daff - You are welcome to help out at any of the events. Just check the national website at www.waketheworld.org and use the contact information on the website to let us know which event you attend. That's how I first got involved in 2012. I attended the NC event, then hosted an event here in WV. Patrick in OH did the same thing . . . he attended the WV event last year and then hosted an event in OH. For those that don't get to participate in an event before hosting one of their own, like Vince in OR . . . an experienced Wake the World volunteer (or in Vince's case, Greg) will travel to the event to help. To my knowledge, no one has ever had to try and host an event without either having first been to one or having help from someone experienced.

The OH event is in Columbus, which is about 3-4 hours from you?
    Clint
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Quote Originally Posted by Moor View Post
    I checked out the WTW events, Nothing even remotely close to NY..... Come on the Water isn't THAT cold up here. I'd love to see/ participate in one of these events if they wern't so far away

Moor - my event in WV may be the closest to you. If you go to an event, you may just find yourself hosting one!
    Clint
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Default Great summer!

Csuggs, such a dirty engine! Wish my laptop was working so I could search for pics of your boat. Looks beautiful.

Thread drift, Clint, is that a spot I see down in your bilge?
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Thread drift, Clint, is that a spot I see down in your bilge?
    Nope, that's just a shadow. I think Clint sprayed his engine and bilge with some kind of anti-dirt spray. Unreal.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Quote Originally Posted by TitanTn View Post
    Nope, that's just a shadow. I think Clint sprayed his engine and bilge with some kind of anti-dirt spray. Unreal.
    So, because Clint's bilge spotted its shadow, that means two more months of summer right?
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Default Great summer!

Lol! I love it! You guys are great.

2 more months of DRY summer would be nice. Hopefully talking her to Cheat Lake in Morgantown on Saturday.
    Clint
    www.waketheworldwv.com