Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Next time I go ride with him I can. We live on different lakes about 40 minutes from eachother. Trust me, it's a bad wake. I've been wakesurfing for 7 years and behind many boats. It's a long pocket but very small and not a strong lip at all.

I love Supras and I'm not knocking the 21V, just trying to figure out a configuration that will work for him. He's new to owning a boat and wakeboarding/surfing, so I'd just hate to see somebody frustrated and not able to enjoy a sport they should be able to behind this type (and expensive) of boat. I've never had trouble setting up any model of ski/wake boat for surfing until this one.

Cutting out the cooler is a good idea, he had actually mentioned possibly doing that. My concern is we slapped that 650 on top of the seats and it didn't help enough anyway.

Can anybody vouch for an 1100 fitting in the locker? 750 looks like it pretty much fills it up like I mentioned before, but I could take my 1100 over there and try I guess. What about one of those enzo sacks that extends under the seats, anybody use one on a 21V?
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    replaced 2000 Supra Launch

1100 all day long in an 09 21v
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Default Re: Surfing behind a 21V...what the heck is wrong?

I know with my 20v there's a huge difference between adding weight to the back seat area, and adding weight in the lockers. Try opening the locker and setting the extra 400 bag on top of the 750 bag. I use a dock line on my rear cleat, run it over the locker flap and tie it to my ski pylon so the bag doesn't roll off into the water.. I get a great wave from my 20v

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

just to compare - here is my 21V wake with stock gravity 3 ( 2008 ) ballast - the camera is mounted above the platform.
    wakesurf-wake.jpg
    Last edited by OneCent; 08-25-2013 at 07:01 PM.

Post Got it dialed

Quote Originally Posted by wax View Post
    Next time I go ride with him I can. We live on different lakes about 40 minutes from eachother. Trust me, it's a bad wake. I've been wakesurfing for 7 years and behind many boats. It's a long pocket but very small and not a strong lip at all.

I love Supras and I'm not knocking the 21V, just trying to figure out a configuration that will work for him. He's new to owning a boat and wakeboarding/surfing, so I'd just hate to see somebody frustrated and not able to enjoy a sport they should be able to behind this type (and expensive) of boat. I've never had trouble setting up any model of ski/wake boat for surfing until this one.

Cutting out the cooler is a good idea, he had actually mentioned possibly doing that. My concern is we slapped that 650 on top of the seats and it didn't help enough anyway.

Can anybody vouch for an 1100 fitting in the locker? 750 looks like it pretty much fills it up like I mentioned before, but I could take my 1100 over there and try I guess. What about one of those enzo sacks that extends under the seats, anybody use one on a 21V?
    This thread was originally about my 2006 21V and I wanted to give readers and update. Finally got the wake dialed on the port side with the following setup:

Port rear: 750 LBS
    half on sundeck / half on port side seats: 650 lb (used to be the stock bow weight)
    Port side seats (in front of 650 lb bag): 400 lb (used to be the stock rear compartment back)
    Center: 1180 lb
    Speed: ~10.5
    Wakeplate: all the way up

I'll try to take some pictures and update this thread. Strong push and long wave. No problem going wireless and actually working the wave. Haven't done any spins since I'm just not that good.

I have yet to ride on a better wakeboard wake but would classify this surf wave as a little below other boats I've ridden behind.

Saw another thread where people cut out the cooler and stuffed a 370 bag in there. Probably going to give that a try in order to eliminate some of the bags on the seats. Will update this thread if/when I complete that mod.

Default Surfing behind a 21V...what the heck is wrong?

When you say "half on sun deck-half on port side seats with the 650" is the bag curled over the backrest or am I misunderstanding this?

I need to get a damn portable tsunami pump. I really would like to get my '08 21V dialed but I can't put bags on my seats with a 3 yr old and an infant in the main cabin.
    2008 Supra Launch 21V - Currently for sale

I have a 2006 21V. I just upgraded and bought from wake makers two 900lb bags for rear lockers. I ride regular and on Port side. So Left rear locker I fill bag as full as possible, sometimes open ups locker cover but mainly stays closed. I put approx 600lb or 1/2 full in the 1180 center bag, and put about 200 in the Starboard side bag. Nothing on seats except my 11yr old and 9yr old with the flag in the port side corner seat. Wife driving...great wake, wireless....upgrading tot he 900lb bags made all the difference as I had the stock 600bags before. Just a little of the plate raised and it is a great ride...