Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Slalam Group?

96Comp Guest

This is looking real good! I wish there were more at Lake Anna to help set up and maintain a course! Jay, I'm also better at slalom than boarding. Something about staying close to the water is comforting. But, the same principles for slalom apply to boarding - drop hips and pull from center of body, keep tension on the rope and board back to the handle, etc. I also found that bouncing on the kids trampoline helped! When you do fall, 19 mph feels better than 34 and 36 mph!

Don't know about that. I fell last year on a wakeboard and almost knocked myself out. I think it was the hardest fall I have ever had. It hurt so much I haven't tried wakeboarding again. Ill take my 32 mph falls any day over the 19 mph face plants.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

96Comp Guest

Oh, yeah. Faceplants hurt. Did that earlier this summer. Tried to do a switch jump and landed on the edge. Faceplant. My eyelids rolled like shutters in a cartoon!

Count me in too. It's my game. I free ski behind my own boat and ski in the course at the club. Hey Chris K let's see the same shot on your off side

Hey great idea. I'm mostly a poser but really enjoy getting out there and trying to do a little better every year.
    1991 SunSport

Yeah, hooking an edge is so immediate and direct. There seems to be a lot more sliding and tumbling with a slalom, even at the higher speeds. I at least have time to shut my eyes!
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

That cartoon eye roll describes my fall to a T. I enjoyed the flips on a wakeboard but for me nothing Is better then trying to rip the back of the boat out of the water one ski. I hope we can get something going on this site.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

I suck terribly at slaloming, but always enjoyed trying to do it better.

ChrisK, that is a sick picture. Nice work.

Great shot Chrisk! I'd be interested in following a slalom thread, but don't know how much I could contribute. My course days are mostly behind me & my stick is still a Jobe SCO1. Obviously from my last outing - it'll be a while before I'm back on one ski (or anything else until the calf heals up - still some discoloration & soreness from mid-July).
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

i use the Moomba forum for slalom 'groups' and discussion. I would really like it if Supra had this as an individual thread as well. There are slalom topics here, just buried under other stuff. Even through SC will be going away from direct drives, this ( skiing and slalom ) is still a core activity under watersports. . . and adding a group woudl be a nice, albeit small, measure to make sure that all watersports are promoted.

Great thought! You definitely have the support here. JY

John Young, Supra Launch 21V
    Apex, NC