Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Slalam Group?

John Young, Supra Launch 21V
    Apex, NC

Are those basis bindings. I have a system 8 and I want to changes bindings to one of the new styles. It's getting old having my feet cramp and my toes go numb. Any recommendations. I heard the radar bindings will fit.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

96Comp Guest

This is great! Will keep on SC to add the group!

image.jpg

These are the attack bindings from 2012. I think they are the same as the basis but only in blk/red. The basis are blk/red but are the same size and identical gear. If you look at the top pic the older Triumph ( on right hanging on the wall with faux wood grain ), they have the basis bindings. The '12 Triumph in the middle has the attack. I din't like the bulky animal bindings or the O'brien front boot. Its huge and it didn't seem to have any performance gain at all.

But I do love the new HO Triumph. Man it really turns and scoots. . for a beginner running the course ( like me ) at -15 off through all MPH ranges, its perfect.

Apex, NC

If you had to choose between the two which would you go with. I'm looking for stiff but comfortable and don't want the crushing feeling the animals give you.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady

Thought I would post a couple slalom photos of my daughters taken a few years ago. When they were young, I made them slalom before they could go tubing. They also do a bit of barefooting off the boom. I'm so proud.DSC_0198fb.jpgDSC_0236.jpgDSC_0313fb.jpgDSC_0334.jpg

@ Cusefan78
    They are pretty much the same, so which ever one you find cheaper. I ski the newer Triumph more and the only thing I've noticed when I run the course hard is that I tend to cinch up the attack boots too tight and it cuts my big toe ( could also be a freakish genetic thing with an enlarged toe too ), but only on the front foot. But free skiing, I just pull the boot to get the slack out. Very comfortable boots. I bought these skis at the same time last year and it was the first time I've ever had a double boot or a hard shell and I'm very impressed. I wouldn't go back to an RTP or to another boot style. I don't think you will will be disappointed. I have the XL version and I wear a size 11-12 shoe. Fits perfect.

@drize: wow, they are really ripping it up!! That's a Goode ski right?

If anyone is close to me in Raleigh, my ski course just arrived at my house. We are putting the course in @ Jordan Lake, upper Beaver Creek where the course was circa 2007.

I'm attempting to get permits for a permanent course and have all of the paperwork to submit. However, it may take a while. So i'm installing the course and just sinking it when not in use. Anyone is welcome to ping me when we go out and have some fun. It would be great to get some skiers running frequently and sharing some knowledge and tips.

Once I have it up I"ll send out the GPS coordinates to find the course.

Apex, NC

Already 3 pages worth of posts and 27 replies...seems like there is a decent draw for a dedicated forum for the slalom skiers of the boards. I'm getting really interested in upgrading my equipment after seeing your gear John.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

To be honest, I'm still working on foundational stuff, but the ski has made a difference along the way. I'm running through the course at 30 mph @ -15 to -22 off. . but once I get up in the 34 mph, where body position is a tad more critical ) it gets . . well. . fun.

But I used to ski on the Synchro and it was / is a really good ski. But wow, the Triumph really picks up at 28-30 mph and is wicked fast across the wake. I love this ski.
    Excited about the forum. Sometimes going to 5-6 difference sites for new / old articles is just difficult throughout the day. What I like on the Moomba forum is that someone will dig up an article and post it and its fun to read what others are working on ( and succeeding ) and how they are systematically creating an approach to better form, better results and having more fun.

Thanks for bringing this up. . I think I raised the issue a while back but it seems like we're getting the exposure we should have. Rock on.

Apex, NC

I ordered ho basis last night from Wiley's. They had them for $100 apiece. Excited to try them this weekend.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady