Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Slalam Group?

John, what boots do you have on the Triumph?
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

I'm interested in how you like the Basis boots. I think you will find they are very comfortable. After watching the guys that have the old style wrap around ( animal type ) struggle at the back of the boat I noticed I don't have this issue. Mine are like a pair of soft socks.

The red/black boots are Attack boots. I am not entirely sure HO carries these anymore. They may, I just haven't seen them on the site. So the black/red Triumph ski with the red/black attack boots are my preferred set up for now.

The basis boots sit on the 71" triumph and I can't slog around the course on that ski. I guess I probably could, it just isn't the best wake crossing shape. Hope that helps. Let me know what you think of the boots when you get 'em.

John Young, Supra Launch 21V
    Apex, NC

96Comp Guest

Guys, this is going to take a team effort. No response from Supra. Please contact them (phone or email) and ask to start a group in iForum. There is more here than has ever been in the wakeboard group!

Ill let you know how they feel after the weekend. I'm pretty excited to mount them tomorrow. I just rebuilt my tranny so I'm going to have to take it easy this week but I'm still going to get a few runs in.

Also I just emailed supra about adding a section.
    Last edited by Cusefan78; 08-22-2013 at 09:30 PM.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

So are there any Jobe fans ? I was talking to a rep at the 54th Masters this year and they are back in the states now.
    1990 Supra Saltare

I skied on a jobe a few years ago. Wasnt a huge fan. I have always been an ho guy other then my first set of fombos that were connolys but I think my next ski might be a radar. I have heard good things about them. Those strada boots are suppose to be the most comfortable and I have always been a huge herb obrien fan.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

I heard Jobe was expanding 'back' into the US Market. To be honest I'm actually surprised since there are already dominant players in the game. But its a good sign for the sport. Just curious to the group, have you all checked out INT Amateur League? Each state should have a list of sponsored events. I did my first tournament last month. Had an absolute blast. It was so laid back and I met so many good people that shared tuning tips, advice, and encouragement while I was starting the course at -15 off at 28 mph. It actually turned into a family event too, where my daughter ( 3 years ) wanted to ski the event and my wife will be thinking about it next year.

Okay, squirrel moment, back to skis.

In the 80's we had mainly HO and O'Brien. I have a Cut 'n Jump ski upstairs in the attic. I don't know who made that.
    April Coble and Chris Coble have been longtime supporters of the HO Syndicate line, but have switched to Goode in the past few months.

Have never tried the RADAR ski but have heard nothing but good things. But me, I'm still an HO guy. I like the stick I'm on.

Apex, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Loadup View Post
    So are there any Jobe fans ? I was talking to a rep at the 54th Masters this year and they are back in the states now.
    One of the three skis that I "inherited" from my father-in-law is his old Jobe something or other. I finally rode it this summer a few weeks back. It is shorter and skinnier than the Connelly I normally ride so that made for a different ride. It seemed a little more squirrely to me too. I'd ride it again just for kicks but I feel more comfortable on the Connelly. As for my next setup, I am thinking either an HO or Radar, haven't decided just yet but then again, our season is starting to wind down here in another month or so and that is why I am not in a huge rush.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Liking the stick your on plays a big part of it, I guess thats why I still have it. My quiver consist of two slalom skis, mine and the one I let everybody else ride. Radar was in the house at the masters aswell.
    DSC_2437.jpg
    DSC_2438.jpg
    DSC_2439.jpg
    1990 Supra Saltare

Wow, just sick how they lay it over like that. Not there yet, but working on it. Its a journey right? LOL

Apex, NC