Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Slalam Group?

I ski a Connely F1 X and love it! Radar is actually made by Herb O'Brien. Went to more advanced and modern technology after he sold the HO name. I have heard awesome things about these skis...but they won't just do it all for you. I was thinking of trying a demo ride for a weekend for around 30-50 bucks just to see how different it is than my Connelly.
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

Way to go guys, the new slalom group is up. FWIW I just bought a Radar Senate, and it's a great ski, upgraded from my HO CDX.

Chris, what boots do you have on that Senate? I'm on the fence about going either HO Triumph or Radar Senate and then there is the whole discussion on boots...
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

I just moved my Animals over from my CDX for now. I was really just looking for a bigger ski (my CDX was a 66 and I figured I really should have been on a 67.) so I didn't want to spend a whole heap of cash. As it turns out the Senate is a wonderful ski. I don't think I'll even consider new boots until I can consistently run a pass at 15off/34mph. Currently I only get a look at 4 ball at 30MPH and while I was making steady progress up to a couple of weeks ago, I'm out for the rest of the season with a meniscal tear in my right knee

You guys know how I"m an HO Triumph guy. . just sayin'. . LOL. . . there are really some great skis on the market now. And I would love to upgrade to either a GOODE or a Syndicate A3. . but to be honest, with me venturing into the -22 off stage. . I think it would be a waste of money. But it would 'look' nice on my boat. Ha

John Young, Supra Launch 21V
    Apex, NC

Quote Originally Posted by SupraLaunch21V View Post
    You guys know how I"m an HO Triumph guy. . just sayin'. . LOL. . . there are really some great skis on the market now. And I would love to upgrade to either a GOODE or a Syndicate A3. . but to be honest, with me venturing into the -22 off stage. . I think it would be a waste of money. But it would 'look' nice on my boat. Ha
    Which plays well into the adage that "It doesn't matter if you are good at it just as long as you look good doing it."
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Yeah I'm kind of in the same boat. Do I need a new ski, no but I really want one.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

That a3 is suppose to be pretty nasty. Heard a lot of good things.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Ha. . I"m with you there. I've purchased 5 skis in 2012. . and I"m still looking for my next ride. I was at Coble Ski School earlier this year and the A3 was being tossed around and i can say that 2-3 ppl left the camp with a new stick in their trunk. I should have tried it, but since I wanted to work on core positioning, it didn't seem like the right thing to do. But wow, there was some fantastic skiing at the end of the last day on that Syndicate Ski.

And then the big news this year, April Coble and Chris Eller both switched to Goode skis and seem to be doing pretty well with those. BUt I'd have to find a bag of $$ in my backyard to cough up for a ski like that.

John Young, Supra Launch 21V
    Apex, NC

Yup, I concur. I think we get way too caught up in gear when it's our technique that is the real concern. I bet diamonds to doughnuts that Nate could run into 39 on his first set on my ski without changing anything at all.