Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Boarder View Post
    How about the Centurion Wave.
    I actually looked at one of these to replace my Comp a few years back. Dealership wanted $4500 for it with the trailer. Way too small for the water of this neck of the woods !!

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    This is the boat that I started on. The one I rode behind had a black scorpion engine, heater, hot-water shower, ballast, v-drive and a tower and it was a 1997 model. My girlfriend owned it and all of my "real wakeboarder" friends would give us shit for riding behind a Bayliner. When we broke up, I had the opportunity to buy it for just a little bit more than I paid for my Saltare. I decided I would buy a "real wakeboard boat" and get the Supra. (Plus, I didn't want to bail her out of a stupid loan that she took on to buy it.)

It was probably one of the worst decisions I've ever made. That boat, even though it was a Bayliner, was really nice! I know I would have saved money and had much more modern boat in the long run.
    There are a couple of the Maxum's that are the same v-drive (I heard it was the sister boat of the bayliner one) that have been on CL over here for most of the summer. IIRC, one had an aftermarket tower and PP and they wanted like $13.5 and the other one has been at $14k forever... I've heard they didn't have very good build quality...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

It was probably one of the worst decisions I've ever made. That boat, even though it was a Bayliner, was really nice! I know I would have saved money and had much more modern boat in the long run.
    I've read several comments similar to yours about the Ski/Wake Challenger boats. Others on other forums have said they were very mechanically sound and the ski wake was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_in_ny View Post
    I've read several comments similar to yours about the Ski/Wake Challenger boats. Others on other forums have said they were very mechanically sound and the ski wake was excellent.
    Sort of like the SeaRay Ski Ray. 19' little tournament boat with a Mercruiser 350, put out a decent ski wake and the materials were actually not bad because SeaRay. And tons cheaper than a well-known inboard brand. I've skied behind one lots of times and the only inboard I've been behind with a flatter ski wake was an '05 Nautique.

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    There are a couple of the Maxum's that are the same v-drive (I heard it was the sister boat of the bayliner one) that have been on CL over here for most of the summer. IIRC, one had an aftermarket tower and PP and they wanted like $13.5 and the other one has been at $14k forever... I've heard they didn't have very good build quality...
    I could have bought the 1997 Wake Challenger for $12.5k in 2003. Had the original $47k sticker on it and ~100hours.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

What a great thread! I wish I some pics to add, but sadly I do not...does anybody remember the old Sagners with the blown big-blocks? I have seen 1 or 2 in person, they were wild!
    -Rich
    1990 Supra Mariah/351 PCM 1:23-1 PCM

Default ODDITIES - Doesn't have to be a Supra but they must be single screw inboard....

A blown flatty?? I used to own one. Don't have any pics on the phone of it, but here's some of others. There is one of the better vdrive builders here in boise. Mike Minegar. They usually meet up at the local lake Tuesday nights when the water is up.

I could have bought the 1997 Wake Challenger for $12.5k in 2003. Had the original $47k sticker on it and ~100hours.
    Yeah, definitely could have make that work.

Hell, could have debadged it and know one would have even known it was a bayliner!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Default ODDITIES - Doesn't have to be a Supra but they must be single screw inboard....

You don't take a boat out like that on a rough day. My old SeaBee had prolly 6" of freeboard.

Quote Originally Posted by jasun View Post
    Bad pic, but an outboard Mastercraft? With a radar tower??

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Maybe a barefoot special?

Not a radar towerl. That "radar tower" had a net that hung underneath it between both sides and down towards the floor about mid way down the doghouse. The point was to keep the handle from smacking the driver/judge in case of a handle snapping back. It's 100% removable.

That one might be a BF200, or a prostar200, hard to tell. Both had outboards.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V