Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pics

Dude, nice picture. I'll head out Sunday for a practice run on the course at Jordan Lake and then compete in the NC Waterskier's run in Smithfield. Never been to that location, but hope to make a decent run at finishing my -15 off run and get into the -22 sections.

Great shot, keep 'em coming.

John Young, Supra Launch 21V
    Apex, NC

Probably the last course set of the year, as the water is getting a tad too chilly. But then, who am I kidding. . I'd go out in November if I could find someone to pull me.

Apex, NC

Nice.

Our club pulled out the last course last weekend. I'm with you, I'm still windsurfing, the water is fine, we've still got at least a month before the boats really need to come out but I guess water skiers are a bit more delicate

Who's course are you skiing on? it looks like the balls are set a bit high. I'm done skiing this year too, lost my prop at the cottage and the club is shut down.

@Chris
    These pics are taken from Lake Magnolia, Smithfield NC. They balls are not filled with water or weighted down. Most that run this course never have an issue moving around them rather than over them. That said, I'm new to the 6 ball game so I've run over them before.

I still have my course on Jordan sunk, will have to retreive it soon, another month or so after I winterize the boat. I'll use someone else's boat to pick up the course. Its way to messy to put in my Supra.

Apex, NC

I'm new too! I haven't hit one yet but I've come close a few times I'm sure it wouldn't matter a bit to my skiing, but it just looks kind of funny to see them sitting up like that.

I don't know the climate in NC that well, but do you even have to winterize down there?

My boat is coming out this weekend (hopefully) and getting winterized. I'd probably ski first though if there was till a prop on it!

I've hit a few, usually I just bounce off, but I have heard of injuries relating to this. We do winterize down here, although its been debated furiously on all of the forums. We rarely see temps south of 20 degrees for any length of time, so many thing that winterization isn't needed. Although as a general practice, most of us boaters just do it anyway. I keep mine indoors but its not a heated unit, I still get nervous about the temps when it gets low. But to me its a great way to know your boat, inspect clamps, hoses, etc. Give her some love and she'll love ya back.

I have not had time to winterize her yet, but likely I'll take her for one last ride this year and then take 2 days to winterize her and detail her for the season.

Any ideas what prop you're going to get? I still have my orig and a new one from ACME. Love them both.

Apex, NC

Yup, I've settled on the ACME541. I've heard nothing but good things about it, and it's what ACME recommended to me based on my boat and my needs. I've found one locally on Kijiji (Canadian Craigs list) that the seller says is 10/10 so it's a no brainer.

Love my funny HO Skis Stickers 2013

Apex, NC

bought a new HO S2 ski for the course this year. I went out last Saturday and nearly wiped out on every pull. This stick is quick and responsive, especially in cold water. I was whipping back and forth on it for about 10 minutes and slap wore me out.

Apex, NC

^^^ Ski looks sick with the SUPRA sticker!