Default Sprinkler Valve Problem

I recently purchased a 2006 21v, just trying to work out a few small kinks I've found needed attention. I noticed that when I selected either the front or rear left bag to fill, the rear right would also fill. So I looked at the sprinkler valves, and front and rear right were in the off position, and the rear right was set to the on position to basically bypass the sprinkler valve solenoid and fill up with any switch. Thinking they did this because of a faulty solenoid, I replaced the entire sprinkler valve and tested it this weekend. However, still having the same issue. In the off position, the rear right will not fill with the switch. The light on the switch comes on and I can hear the pump come on, but the solenoid is not opening. I didn't have a meter with me, so not sure if it is getting power or not. But I have to figure that it's not a solenoid issue, but possible the power supply to the solenoid. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and there is a fuse or something I can check, or a common connection point that has been faulty in the past. The other sprinkler valves work fine. Also, the only replacement I could find was a little different, doesn't have a small switch to turn off/on, rather the entire solenoid turns to go from off to on.

mines a 03. under the dash to the right of the main panel and a little farther up is the panel for the system. on the left is the fuses for the empty pumps on the right is (I believe) is the fuses for the solenoid. Regarding the pump side, if the fuse is out the switch still has power so I would assume this is the case for the solenoid side.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

I have an '06 21v also. I was having all kinds of weird issues with bags filling and not filling. Filling on their own with the little black switch in the off position and the pump off. Bags leaking back down. Bags not filling with the levers in the on position and trying to force water in on plane. I finally had enough and bought three new sprinkler valves from Lowes. They are the new style you mentioned. No little black lever but instead the whole solenoid turns for on and off. Just like you described. Wired them in and everything worked perfect. Finally! Best $38 I've spent on the boat so far.
    Not sure if the wires on the middle sprinkler valve are long enough, they should be, just take the solenoid off the middle sprinkler valve and screw it on the valve you are having trouble with. Flip the switch for the middle and see if the bag fills. That should narrow down the problem to a wiring or fuse problem. If the bag still doesn't fill then you have a possible priming issue. Take the water hose going to the bag off the sprinkler valve and unhook the bag. Blow through it. You will probably find a little bit of water release from the hose and empty in the side locker. Hook it back up and try it again. Its worked for me when i have trouble getting a prime. Under the dash up above where your left knee would be if sitting in the drivers seat you will find the fuses/breaker.
    2006 21v

What was the part number for the valve if you have it thanks
    2007 24SSV
    66 18' Chris Craft Super Sport

Thanks for the info, ill do a little more trouble shooting this weekend. Good news is I haven't needed the right rear bag for much, wake seems awesome with just the front bag full and the plate at 1/4.

I don't think it's a priming issue, the bag fills fine with the valve in the open position, just not in the closed position so it seems the solenoid is not opening. Ill try switching the wire or solenoids as you suggested as that should give me a good indication where the problem is. Hopefully there is a dedicated fuse for just the solenoid and that is my issue as suggested above.

Not sure the actual part number for the sprinkler valve, but I believe it was the standard 3/4" 24v model sold at lowes and depot for around $12. I figured it needed to be 12v, but wasn't available and seems others have used the 24v replacement without issue.

Thanks for the help.

Well finally got around to trouble shooting the sprinkler valve solenoid. Turns out the solenoid was fine, it was the power supply from the switch to the solenoid. Turns out that when the factory wire harness was installed, they didn't line up one of the 12v supply wires in the connector correctly. Although it took me almost 2 hours to find it, all I had to do was pop the wire out of the harness clip and pop it back in the correct slot to meet the other side. I hate to think they used the boat like this for the last 6 years, but it looked completely factory installed, no signs of every having been apart.

Question - how do you pop the wire out if the harness? I replaced a valve but could not figure out how to release the wires from the male side of the connector. I see a free piece of plastic between the male poles but pushed on that but it didn't free up the harness. Any idea? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk