Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Now, for the exhaust. Do you have the large chamber on the back of the motor? If so, PITA to get out and back in. But, if you hollow it out like mine, oh boy. You will love the sound. Very loud though, but unique and loud. Is heard over 2 miles away. Sound imitates a big block.

Actually, funny thing. My boat back fired real bad years ago as well and my chamber blew apart as well! It was already hollow inside. The 1st owner severely overheated the motor and cooked the internals of the muffler bad. And he just did a cob job of fiberglass repair, he just used the mat stuff, not the woven.
    Last edited by 92SupraComp; 08-27-2013 at 03:11 PM.
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    1.23:1 tranny
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1989 Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 5.8 Power Plus Package

1984 E-Scow

Yes its a big black plastic box on the back of the engine. When it blew up I had the cover open and it whacked me on the head, I will not do that again! I bodged it up with fibreglass matt as we were on holiday at the time, its not very pretty and leaks water. Would it make sense to run the pipes straight through?

Well, did it have the baffles still in there or was it hollow? I am very interested to see what the baffle setup shoud be, mine has been hollow ever since my parents bought it. Now, It depends on what kind of sound you want. If its hollow, thats as loud it will get, if you 2 straight runs, it will sound very different, and maybe even be a bit quieter. With the chamber and the dual out, the sound resonates and through resonance it is louder
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1984 E-Scow

It just had chambers with nothing else in it. No kind of sound deadening. Basically a big black plastic box with plastic walls forming chambers. If I open it up again to do a proper job of the repairs I will post some photographs.

Those chambers, are the baffles, they redirect the water and exhaust and are made to different specs, supra wanted a loud sound so these by no means are considered a silencer. I would very much like to see the inside if you do open it up again.

Our CC has an InvertaFlow (by Centek) Silencer. Holy crap, talk about quiet. Once you get like a 1/4 mile away you can barely hear it. Our supra, a mile away you still hear fine

1984 E-Scow

Hi,

I have this number: xkb01012f091 does that identify the boat? How will can I find the spec etc?

Thanks, Colin

Well, i cant tell you much other than you have a 1991...

1984 E-Scow

Quote Originally Posted by 92SupraComp View Post
    Well, i cant tell you much other than you have a 1991...
    I would agree. My hull ID # ends in "92" for my "92". That said, if he has a 1991 with a square windshield, I'd say we can be pretty confident that his boat has WOOD stringers and such. Not a composite one like ours.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

I highly recommend the fine folks at discount inboard marine. On my first order from them what was a total of maybe $20 worth of packing rope I didn't know witch size I needed so I just ordered both. They recognized that and called me to help find out what I really needed.

Our bravura has been running just fine without the muffler for at least two years now.
    Last edited by 86 century; 09-16-2013 at 03:29 AM.

90 bravura 351 1.23/1pmc40 Pefectpass stargazer wake
    You only need two tools wd-40 and duck tape
    If it should move and doesn't wd40
    If it moves and shouldent duck tape

The muffler has nothing to do with performance. Its purely sound. Instead of tuning in an engine, its tuning in the sound. With out the muffler you get a loud old school sound of true duals. I do not know the sound of the original muffler as our was broken up when we got it. (the internals) With it in place you get a loud deep tone, sounds bigger than a 351w, and is heard over 2 miles away pretty easy...

1984 E-Scow