Default Advise from Saltare owner on trailer

I've been searching for a better trailer for a 1987 Supra Saltare and found the following which of course the dealer says will work. Below are a few pictures I'm hoping some Saltare owners here can help me determine if fitment will be an issue. Does anyone see any glaring issues with going with this setup.

Load rite 1.jpg

Load rite 2.jpg

That looks like it will work to me (as long as it's long enough.) You may have to move the forward bunks out to get the boat to sit correctly on the rear bunks, but since that trailer looks pretty adjustable, I don't think you'll have a problem.

My rear bunks certainly don't sit as high as that trailer has them, but I don't think it would be a problem.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

That looks like a really nice trailer . How much are they asking for it ? Is there a reason you are going with aluminum?

I believe the price was around $3,800 plus tax/shipping. I was not specifically looking for aluminum but happened to find this one which seamed reasonable in price.

Check with Boatmate Talk to Owen Shelton [email protected]

Default Advise from Saltare owner on trailer

The boatmate runs around 4,800 new for a tandem, not sure about a single. I priced one out a month or so ago. I ended up just called a bunch of dealers and found a used one.

Default why?

May I ask why you want a new trailer? I also have an 87 Saltare, and have found it is not the easiest to re-load the boat. Speaking of which, should maybe a create a whole new thread for this, but what is the best way to re-load the boat onto the trailer, power load?

Quote Originally Posted by devovino View Post
    May I ask why you want a new trailer?
    I purchased the boat at an auction recently to restore over the winter. Somewhere along the line a previous owner ended up modifying a Shorelander trailer meant for a I/O or outboard boat by removing the rollers and installing bunks. The boat sits very high and I can tell is not going to easy to load.