Default 1990 supra saltare floor and stringer rebuild.

So I pulled the trigger and bought a saltare. Knowing it would need a floor and stringers. The previous owner had put on rhino lining on the floor just trapping in the moister I knew this when purchasing it. I just grabbed the corner with a pliers and it all came off. Revealing the original floor and fiberglass that was covered. The question I have does anyone know any good shops in Minnesota to do this work. I am not afraid to this I just don't think I can do it right with out lifting the top. Has anyone done this with out lifted the top?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pulling the top is not as hard as you would think...
    Take the rub rail off and drill out all the rivets, make sure all the harnesses, the speedo tubes, the blower hoses and such are unhooked.

I used a forklift to pop it off and I did it by myself. When I put it back on, i built a Gallows to lift it back on. I used a come along and used the front cleats and a big 2x4 in the side vents as lift points. The back isnt to bad. If I had to do it again, I would use 2 come alongs (1 on each side). I also made my lift 10' tall but had I to do it again, it would be 12' tall for extra clearance.
    Here is some pics.

86 Saltare

uhhhhh......isnt that the boat that was forsale with the hydro turf floor in the classified adds? i saw it sold. so i assume you bought it poppens?

Default 1990 supra saltare floor and stringer rebuild.

Does look a lot like it to me. Pulling a top cap isn't to bad. It's like a loud lab, it only seems bad at first.

yes it had hydro turf all gone now...

did you decide to pull the top?
    86 Saltare

Have decided to pull the top start next week unless I find someone to do it at fair price.

He said Minnesota, but it would be worth the drive to Donny's.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Quote Originally Posted by poppensoffroad View Post
    So I pulled the trigger and bought a saltare. Knowing it would need a floor and stringers. The previous owner had put on rhino lining on the floor just trapping in the moister I knew this when purchasing it. I just grabbed the corner with a pliers and it all came off. Revealing the original floor and fiberglass that was covered. The question I have does anyone know any good shops in Minnesota to do this work. I am not afraid to this I just don't think I can do it right with out lifting the top. Has anyone done this with out lifted the top?
    I sent you a PM with a contact.