Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    The river I ride on is the state border. MN and WI have slightly different boating laws. The river itself has its own set of rules but it does not address water skiing. We have been told that they will enforce whatever set of regulations apply to the state where your boat is registered.
    That is an interesting approach. In this case the WA laws for when you have to quit riding are more lenient and that's where my boat is registered and where I have my boater's license from...

It also makes me think about this scenario... I don't smoke anything personally, but we all know that WA recently legalized pot. Wouldn't that be an interesting situation when it's legal in one state and not the other? I remember on the 5th of july there was a huge party camping on Government Island (in the middle of the columbia river, only accessible by boat). I could tell plenty of them were smoking it up. Technically Govt. Island is 100% on the Oregon side, but most people don't know one way or the other (or care). Just interesting stuff to think about.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Yup, makes for some rather interesting handling qualities unique to this airplane. It is also a very rough ride on the water. And I thought my Comp was rough!

Again, I apologize both for it not being a Supra and for the length. However, it does have a prop on it at least.
    When you taking me footing behind this.
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

Default September Pic Thread

I would pay to see that!

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    However, we were riding in the Columbia River. So literally a couple hundred yards north of where we were riding is WASHINGTON. There is actually a state line that is in the river (not necessarily the center of the river either).

The WA law says:

So I would say that since OR and WA laws conflict that I should get the benefit of the doubt when boating on a river that is on the state line...

Here is a map of where we ride at. The red circle is one of our spots (where we were last night), and the pink circle is another area we frequent. As you can see, those two areas are pretty obviously on the Oregon side of the state line. But a lot of areas would not be as clear cut...

Unfortunately it would depend on the guy pulling you over... cost guards sheriff state cop or local cop and which state they were from... MY experiences have been that the stricter of the two rulings would be the one they enforce not the more lenient.... either way its a big risk not for what you are doing but how well blind old fishermen running up the river to get home can see! once nav light come on we try to be done just because we don't trust others to look out for us!
    2012 20SSV

Quote Originally Posted by Sirgonz View Post
    Unfortunately it would depend on the guy pulling you over... cost guards sheriff state cop or local cop and which state they were from... MY experiences have been that the stricter of the two rulings would be the one they enforce not the more lenient.... either way its a big risk not for what you are doing but how well blind old fishermen running up the river to get home can see! once nav light come on we try to be done just because we don't trust others to look out for us!
    Yeah, when we were in that "gray area" we were the only ones that were really running on that stretch of water. Of course, it's always helpful to have the speaker LED's and the tower lights!

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Quote Originally Posted by foxriverat View Post
    When you taking me footing behind this.
    Hahaha, unless you really hate life...

Never!
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

It doesn't look too hard. http://youtu.be/pz-7Bv5Ipts
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

Night Surf anyone?

(I have two more vids after this one, but the last one you can't even tell I'm back there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMQPa...ature=youtu.be

Default September Pic Thread

Wave looks good man!

Quote Originally Posted by villain View Post
    Wave looks good man!
    I wish it was mine!!!! It's a 2001 Mobius V with 900 on the rear locker and 750 bow. I got invited to join one of the locals from the Moomba forum last night and had a blast.

I did wear my "Supra Boats" shirt on his Moomba though! hahaha.