Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wake boarding vs. waterskiing

Has there ever been a "folder" for water skiers? I noticed that there is one on the Moomba side, too bad not for Supra though. If there are any skiers out there that would like to have that as well, let's see if we can get one started.....

DZ.

Clermont, Fl (wakeboarding capitol of the world)

Default Replying to Topic 'Wake boarding vs. waterskiing'

I'd also like to see a wakesurfing forum.

Maybe you guys haven't noticed, but there isn't much traffic on this board as it is.

I tend to post my waterskiing questions on waterskimag.com and look here for stuff related to my boat

The best and most active water skier message board is http://waterski.nicholls.edu/cgi-bin...g.pl?noframes;

New Supra Boats are only for Retards, Heir's, Rock Stars, Founders of companies that produce operating system software, and Warren Buffet.

Even if Warren and Bill were on the Supra Boats bulltein board, I am not sure it would help.

Maybe if they built a boat with a strong Chevy 350, shaft, prop, controls, and an interior, it wouldn't cost $4,867,344.54

Maybe they could leave out all of the absolute bullsh*t and thast might help the prices.
    Lets see.......

PERFECT PASS
    STEREO SYSTEM
    BALLAST SYSTEMS
    TOWERS
    GPS (If you are lost on a lake, you need your ass kicked)
    DEPTH METER

About that above post....umm what?

1988Comp has some good points, how much crap do you really need. The cost of boats are way out of line. This is why I bought an old TS6m and have redone the whole boat. After all, we just want a tow "right".

yes, new boats are way too expensive for the majority of the people who actually want them. But the company has to sell boats and distinguish themselves from other manufacturers. So Supra makes them nicer than everyone else, and charges accordingly. Then, the smart ones can cash in when depreciation sets in and we can have nice boats for reasonable money, even if the boat is 10 or 15 years old. Cars are the same exact thing. I just bought a 2001 GMC Yukon XL, nicest version next to the Denali, for about 1/3 the original $42,000 sticker price. Good deal for me. As long as people will pay for it, they'll keep adding options and charging more money accordingly. Do we NEED cruise control and ABS and map lights and power windows and all the shit that no one had in their cars 30 years ago? It's just a way to sell boats and if it works, more power to the company making the innovations. The best thing about boats is that all the stuff new boats have can be added to old boats without too much trouble, within reason. So no whining, buy nice used boats and reap the benefits, smile and wave at the guy with the new boat and tell him to call you when he's ready to sell.

Well in MY day, ya only had a hull with an old outboard and milk crates to sit on and ya had to steer with rusty steel cables that cut into your hands and ya had to ski on a bare plank of splintery oak AND ya liked it that way! Ya LOVED it.