Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

How good of a deal 5akman?
    1984 SUPRA ALLEGRO 454 PCM 330 HP
    14H 14L Michigan Prop

Quote Originally Posted by SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE View Post
    How good of a deal 5akman?
    $1200.00

1988 Supra Pirata tournament style ski boat project. I bought this as a rebuilder and planned on converting it to a rear engine V drive wakeboard style boat. Life came along, wife got cancer, the boys grew up and my interest in the project has waned. I have a non OEM 460 ford engine that needs an overhaul, Borg warner velvet drive 72C trans The bow has been cut out to make it a walk through open bow. I have two windshields for it, the original flat panel unit and a curved walk through wind shield. Trailer has lots of rust damage and one wheel bearing needs replaced. I have the pink on the boat but nothing on the trailer other than a bill of sale. Did I mention that this is a project?
    Looking for a Jeep CJ project, 4x4 quad, 4wd burb/Tahoe/Etc with 3rd row seat, fishing type jet boat. I don't want to put any money into this transaction, just a straight across trade or sell outright for 1500.00, email or phone/text 530 - 8 six 4 - 4846

Well, I have a 496 build in my garage right now, but my neighbor just found a killer deal on a 2006 LQ9 which is an iron block LS2 motor with aluminum heads out of a wrecked escalade. The truck only had 50,000 miles. The motor is complete top to bottom. I think that I am going to go through this, put a marine cam and oil pan in it and mate it to a v drive. What kind of a v drive transmission do I need to find? Obviously one that will handle 500 hp and 500 ft./lbs. of torque. Any ideas would help! Thank you! -Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Safety Bob View Post
    Well, I have a 496 build in my garage right now, but my neighbor just found a killer deal on a 2006 LQ9 which is an iron block LS2 motor with aluminum heads out of a wrecked escalade. The truck only had 50,000 miles. The motor is complete top to bottom. I think that I am going to go through this, put a marine cam and oil pan in it and mate it to a v drive. What kind of a v drive transmission do I need to find? Obviously one that will handle 500 hp and 500 ft./lbs. of torque. Any ideas would help! Thank you! -Bob
    A borg warner 72C series velvet drive is what you need. It can be a a unit that bolts to the engine then has a drive shaft going to the remove V drive or, it can be the direct mount unit like those in today's wakeboard boats that are an all in one unit.

Also, good idea to switch out the starter for a marine starter.