Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Pirata V drive conversion, attempt #2

The prop shaft actually goes through the tranny and bolts on to the front side. One benefit is its a 1.52:1 ratio.

Here is a quick sketch of the zf hurth vdrive tranny I did. Measurements are not exact but are within an inch.

Wait, is the black thing the MC tranny or the ZF vdrive? It looks like a tranny/v-drive combo????? So the shaft would come in on the same side as the input shaft for the engine? Is it supposed to do that? Would it go forward when forward gear is selected or is it reverse?

Honestly, I'm not sure what the heck I'm looking at here, but this could be genius.

It is a zf hurth zf 63 IV. It is a combo tranny and vdrive. It did come out of a MasterCraft. It is a left hand prop rotation( standard). I'm thinking of rebuilding it if I decide to go vdrive.

So the ZF bolts to the bell housing where the Velvet drive would normally go? Interesting.....

I was headed that way with the short coupled Borg warner set up but have now opted for the remote vdrive unit. Should increase the top end speed with the flatter shaft angle. Keep us posted on your conversion attemps!

With all the complete rebuilds on the site it is about time a conversion has been attempted. Only thing missing to me is the Cummins powerplant

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

Sorry, I'm a Duramax driver!

Minor Hijack, sorry 5akman.

Quote Originally Posted by DAFF View Post
    With all the complete rebuilds on the site it is about time a conversion has been attempted. Only thing missing to me is the Cummins powerplant
    Cool, but if I go with a new powerplant, it's going to be this.

454 LSX - 620HP and 590 ft/lbs of torque. HELL YES.

Any news of this project ?
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

I didn't mention before but my wife has breast cancer. She just had a double mastectomy 3 weeks ago at UCSF medical center and we start chemo treatments next week. So, I've been a bit busy lately with family life. I have elongated the prop shaft hole in the bottom of the boat and shimmed the strut to get me to 12*. Other than that, the progress has been real slow......