Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gopro

Adobe Elements 11. you can get a free trial version.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

All, been thinking about the GoPro as a family gift. I don't anything crazy or extreme hi def, just to record us having fun. I've done some searches but wanted to see if there were any recommended sites or tips you guys would like to share.

Thanks in advance
    John

John Young, Supra Launch 21V
    Apex, NC

GoPro is interesting in that they have the prices "fixed" as it were and the price won't change much if at all between places for the same model. Meaning you can't just go up the road and get a better deal then the current store that you are in. Personally, I am still running the Hero2 and I have all sorts of add-ons for it that I use such as an extended battery pack that allows me almost five hours of run time. I also have almost all of the mounts that are offered and have played around with where I mount it on my boat and myself when I ride. If you are looking for super budget just to get started, I would try and find a Hero2 as the new Hero3s are what everyone wants, myself included. As for the crazy Hi Def recording, all GoPro cameras are able to record in various Hi Def settings. At the end of the day, you won't be disappointed especially if you want to try and improve your form on your ski or just capture family and friends goofing off with the boat having fun.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Just a tip but the Hero 3s are about to get a lot cheaper. They've already started showing up on discount sites. H4 will be out within the next month.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

I too have a H2 with everything including Wi-Fi. I would recommend a H3 Black due to its very high frame rates and built in Wi-Fi. H2s and there accessories are only available online. If you want one too video tape family stuff and not videography stuff then I would recommend a cheap camcorder. The field of view is too wide to tape sport games and family events. Also anticipated video editing software and a computer able to push it.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

I have the gopro3 silver. I love it. I have a chest mount and the suction. Tried the suction on the ski this weekend didnt ski very hard cause it was rough but I did get some cool shots. The chest mount is pretty cool also. Gives a view looking down the rope. I have usedine a lot since I have gotten it. Cliff diving underwater swimming. I'm a big fan and highly recommend it. I would get the hero 3 though. My photo guy told me the upgrades are noticeable.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Wow, thanks all for the great product overview. I've been using a flip to record most of my runs, but it also requires a free hand from someone on the boat. The GoPro has so many advantages it just make sense to buy it. Tower, ski, chest, helmet, pylon, or other. . there are so many views and mounting advantages and angles to play with. Pretty cool. thanks everyone!

John Young, Supra Launch 21V
    Apex, NC

You might run into an issue with mounting it to the tower depending on the circumference of the tubing. My tower tubing is too large for any mount that I currently own though it does work with the ski pylon. Granted my tower is after market and therefore yours might be the same circumference as the pylon in which case it will work.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    You might run into an issue with mounting it to the tower depending on the circumference of the tubing. My tower tubing is too large for any mount that I currently own though it does work with the ski pylon. Granted my tower is after market and therefore yours might be the same circumference as the pylon in which case it will work.
    This (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Billet-Alumi...item3a7f26f2dc) + a regular 1" velcro strap will work on almost any tower or tube. I use mine all the time for all kinds of things. My velcro is 3' long and I can just wrap it around as many times as needed to secure it.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

just use a sticky mount. I don't think you will be happy with it though due to its distance and constant moving. The tower is on the end of the pivot point for a boat and has the most movement. If you need to mount it to the actual boat the farther back on it the better. I made a mount that sits over the rear ski pole that works well but I don't use it much. The best mount I have found is with a monopod. It is what is used in all of the cool Gopro videos of the snow skiers and such. Takes some practice and some video editing but I use mine all the time. I highly recommend going with the Black version due to its high frame rate and Wifi. The frame rate allows for ultra smooth, ultra slow motion. I use my wifi with android app for just about every setup to verify viewing area then switch it to the wifi remote. Its the best option available and being built in makes for a super compact setup.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001