Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Nice - the SC is a real good looking boat - would like to get one too

yes I'm am assuming and I also believe there is at least a year of r&d into any of these systems prior to offering them on a boat. Probably more like two considering timing of there new model years. The others came out all in a relative same time and SC delivers there's a year after everyone else. So yea maybe 5years is a little critical but 3 isn't. Did I mention the JV video on there official debut of it.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
    2500HD - You are 100% correct that we really can't judge until we see it work. I am hoping it works. I have watched lots of videos and spoke to a lot of people. I am stoked on it and even put down a deposit on a new SC on Friday night after checking it all out at AWS Evening with the Stars.
    As far as the timeline goes above, I am 100% accurate. Malibu introduced Surfgate on their 2013 boats. No 2012 Malibu has surfgate unless it was a prototype or homemade system. Nautique also introduced NSS on their 2013 boats, but did allow for retrofitting on 2012 boats, so you may see some 2012 Nautiques with NSS.
    Very true about the official sales to the public being on the 2013 models.......but they were advertising it as early as june of 2012 and people were getting to try it out that summer as well.
    Function before fashion!

I was happy with the surf tabs on my 2011 Mastercraft, but the Swell system looks like an improvement over the Mastercraft surf tabs. It's nice to see all the boat manufacturers coming out with dedicated wake surf systems. Ten years ago I was surfing on an Inland Surfer Green Room behind my 2000 Air Nautique loaded down with fat sacs. Now I can press a button and pick what kind of wave I want. As soon as I can get a Ford engine in a new SC, I will be ordering one.
    Last edited by dschnei6; 11-27-2013 at 09:51 AM.
    2011 Mastercraft 215v <-- Former Boat
    2000 Air Nautique Powered by FORD <-- Former Boat

The dealership I use is largely Mastercraft biased. They have trophies from MC identifying them as the highest selling dealership in the world for 2 years running now. All of the employees wear MC apparel. 1 of the salesmen just ordered a new X30 in January. The entire dealership was asked down to Tennessee to test and compare a number of boats from different manufacturers. Included were the MC X10 & X30, Supra SA450 & SC450, Malibu LSV, Nautique G23, and other offerings from Tige, Centurion, Axis, etc all equipped with their own surf systems. When they returned I made my way to the dealership to ask them their opinions. ALL were blown away by the SC450 with the Swell Surf System. The difference between the skim and barrel waves and being able to change from port to starboard in the amount of time it takes for the surfer to pop over the wake, they said, were game changers. Also, they couldn't believe that the viewing angle barely changes from unloaded cruising to loaded surfing. They said the only boat that came close to putting out the same wake was the G23 but the G23 didn't handle nearly as well and the viewing angle was terrible. The salesman that ordered the X30 tried to cancel his order and put in an order for the SC but was unsuccessful. They had videos, pics, interviews and everyone there was saying the same thing. I am trying to get my hands on all of it to try and post some on here. Once I heard all the ranting and raving, I made the choice to trade in my 2011 Launch 22SSV on a new SC450 with swell. I really don't like ordering boats without trying them out first but I jumped at the chance. I'm really excited for May to come and get on the water!
    2011 Supra Launch 22SSV

Nice work. Congrats. My new SC with SWELL is supposed to show up out West here over the next couple days.

Will you be getting it in the water anytime soon? If so, please post your impressions and any pics/vids you may get.
    2011 Supra Launch 22SSV

We will see. Water levels are real high right now and lots of debris in the water. Also, it will probably head to the stereo shop for install. I have had one on the water and it is a great handling boat and wave and wake looked great. Just have not had the opportunity to play with the SWELL. I certainly hope to have it out within a month....

Mine just arrived in PortlandSupra.jpg... I spy a SWELL in the back of the boat... should see it and get some pics this afternoon.