Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

If you get the dimensions any vinyl sign place in your area can make them up for you. You can also order them online but you'll pay for them. If you do a search on here there's a guy that will draw up new decals all you have to do is bring the file to a sign company.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

I know most guys avoid using pressure treated because of the wetness, difficulty bonding and delamination issues. If your repair seems to have bonded fine I'm sure you're fine for a season before doing the whole thing though. Looks like a great deal for $700!

It was a great deal! I don't see any delimitation issues thus far, I used West System epoxy. I can't wait to take it out this season.

For the decals, try this guy. He does a lot of decals for the MC guys:

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...958-Supra-swag
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

I am looking at an '83 Rider for sale on Craigslist. Asking $8,000. Anything I should look for or be concerned about on the boat ? Is that a fair price ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickb6 View Post
    I am looking at an '83 Rider for sale on Craigslist. Asking $8,000. Anything I should look for or be concerned about on the boat ? Is that a fair price ?
    What are you getting for 8k?
    W/trailer?
    Motor redone?
    Stringer or transom work?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

It’s an ‘83 Rider w/wrap. Ariel wake tower. Original trailer. Original interior. Stereo system w/tower speakers. Think it’s the original motor, had a tune up. No stringer or transom work that he knew of.

8k sounds like a lot for an '83 with the original floor. This is usually more in the 4-6k range, but maybe it is in mint condition. Know that this floor is made of 2x4's and plywood. It usually gets soft after 30 years of drippy wet kids climbing in and out of the back of the boat. It costs ~5k to replace the floor. You can walk the floor and look for soft spots. The motor mounts are in the 2x4's. If they rot and get loose, you have a real issue. If it makes you feel better, you can tap on the wood with the motor mounts to get a sense of whether they are solid or not. Maybe the floor is great and the engine is solid. A wrap, tower, and a stereo should only modestly impact the price of the boat. The issue is mostly how much will it cost you to keep this boat on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickb6 View Post
    It’s an ‘83 Rider w/wrap. Ariel wake tower. Original trailer. Original interior. Stereo system w/tower speakers. Think it’s the original motor, had a tune up. No stringer or transom work that he knew of.
    Did you buy it? Or still for sale? DO NOT PURCHASE FOR $8K if it has original stringers. Not sure it would be worth $8k after stringers are repaired. It's 35 years old at this point and if they haven't been done, it's just a matter of time. Run don't walk unless you want a project boat.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    Did you buy it? Or still for sale? DO NOT PURCHASE FOR $8K if it has original stringers.
    Couldn't agree more, an $8k boat with original stringers will turn into a $14k boat really quick. Go shop ~ $15k ready to run boats and just make sure the Rider you are looking at tops everything else you can find.

Sight unseen and based on the description alone, I would probably go ~2500, maybe less if you are not diy / mechanically inclined.