Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

What I got to work with my wife and I in our 21V was to swap out the center bag with the rear sac from whatever side we surf on. It's not a world class wave, but I can surf it no problem with our 5'4" Hyperlite Broadcast. I basically have the swapped bag full along with the center bag and there you go, surfable wave.
    2011 Supra 21V
    Wetsounds Icon8's
    2012 Tundra SR5 Crewmax 4x4

I have a playpen. Not sure what the factory bag is up front. 750Lbs? I talked my wife into going up with me during the week one day when the kids are in school to play around with the configurations a bit and see if I can get the wake setup better. I am thinking 900ish in the back surf side corner (I have 1100lbs bag) maybe 200 in the back non-surf side and filling the front then mess with the wake plate but who knows? I will call Wakemakers as that is where I bought my 1100lbs upgrade bag. Good to know it is not the board as I really didn't think that was the issue since it is a 5' 6". I'll spend 1/2 day dragging the wake rope around and dialing in the best wake I can before attempting to ride again. Getting frustrated but I think with some time investment I can get it to work and go wireless.

Quote Originally Posted by blackout_58 View Post
    What I got to work with my wife and I in our 21V was to swap out the center bag with the rear sac from whatever side we surf on. It's not a world class wave, but I can surf it no problem with our 5'4" Hyperlite Broadcast. I basically have the swapped bag full along with the center bag and there you go, surfable wave.

OK thanks. I already swapped out the stock rear surf side bag with a 1100lbs Fly High Fat Sac. My guess is that filling it up all the way like I did is causing the wake to deform and wash out. I think filling it up to 900ish and adding 200ish to the no-surf side and filling the front full with some wake plate adjustment and more speed may be the ticket. Maybe I should swap out the prop as well? Any suggestions on which one to get and where to buy one?

Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post
    OK thanks. I already swapped out the stock rear surf side bag with a 1100lbs Fly High Fat Sac. My guess is that filling it up all the way like I did is causing the wake to deform and wash out. I think filling it up to 900ish and adding 200ish to the no-surf side and filling the front full with some wake plate adjustment and more speed may be the ticket. Maybe I should swap out the prop as well? Any suggestions on which one to get and where to buy one?
    I would think the prop would be at the bottom of your list of things to mess with. Sure, they'll help get you to a desired speed better and easier. But I don't think that it's going to be the biggest change for you (other than making your wallet $500 lighter!).
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

I agree a prop isn't going to help much in this situation.

If you have the 13x17 then a prop upgrade would yield significant improvement when running heavily weighted. (outside of surf scenario)
    2006 Supra 24SSV

OK thanks for the feedback on the prop. We still wakeboard quite a bit as well so don't want to mess around with any changes there is possible. So far this whole wake surf thinkg has been a real PIA LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post
    OK thanks for the feedback on the prop. We still wakeboard quite a bit as well so don't want to mess around with any changes there is possible. So far this whole wake surf thinkg has been a real PIA LOL!
    Tell ya what. I've got my surf wave dialed in on my Supra. So I'll trade you my boat for your boat straight across!!!!!!!!!!! I'll throw in all my bags and a full tank of gas!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Haha! Well not THAT much of a PIA!

Have someone that can surf wireless already ride with you once and help you determine if its the boat or the Surfer. just a thought...
    2012 20SSV

Default Re: Still can't go wireless! 2008 Supra Launch 22SSV w/1100Lbs ballast upgrade

Put your toes closer to the edge towards the wave and really put a lot of weight forward. It takes a while to feel it. Supra's like bow weight for a good pocket, so fill up that center sac for sure. Keep working at it. If you have a clean wave that comes up to your knees, you have a plenty good wave. Just comes down to practice and technique at that point.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V