Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sirgonz View Post
    Have someone that can surf wireless already ride with you once and help you determine if its the boat or the Surfer. just a thought...
    I agree the prop probably will not help.

It took time to learn my boat and how people and weight affect the wake - 2007 SSV 22'.
    Mostly, I go with 4 adults - 1 driver, 2 on the surf side back seat, 1 surfing. But when I get more people, I have to adjust. I have 750#s.

Not doubting your ability, but I watched people all summer start to get slack in the rope, drop the rope, ride a little, then fall out of the pocket. The boat would stop, I would get them back up, then the whole thing would happen again.

I try to tell people (before they drop the rope) to learn how to go from the back-pocket of the wake to the swim platform. Keep on doing that (back/forth) until you get the feeling, lean, and edge of the board. There is a skill to learn on how to try to get back into to pocket when you start falling back. A 5'6" board should be fine. I'm over 200# and most of the newer and smaller people fly on that board.

Mark

Default Re: Still can't go wireless! 2008 Supra Launch 22SSV w/1100Lbs ballast upgrade

Definitely agree with the guys above. There is a technique to learn that wave size isn't going to fix.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Default Still can't go wireless! 2008 Supra Launch 22SSV w/1100Lbs ballast upgrade

Damn! 5'6"?? That's huge!! I ride a Soulcraft 4'10" and I'm 210#

All good suggestions. I guess since I've been surfing/snowboarding/wakeboarding my whole life I thought it would be easy but perhaps not. I will keep working at it and plan on taking the boat up for a 1/2 day of dialing in the wake trying different setups. Most likely filling front center full, filling back left surfside 1100lbs full and about 400ish on the non surfside to balance as it is scary with just the surf side full. Then mess with wake plate and see. I'm also thinking the boat needs to be going faster to clean up the wake. The guys from Ambush - a local board shop have offered to come out with me and check the wake and also ride to show me how they do it. I also have a 5'2' Ronix Thrasher but thought a bigger board would help but it didn't.

I have a 2012 launch 22ssv. It has an awesome wake that my whole family can surf. The two boards are Ronix 5.0 koal and my son has the phase five scamp (kids board 3.
    Here is my setup. 1100 lbs in the back port locker. Middle factory bag which is a 650 lb set at about 50%. Wake plate set at 100% for a longer wave and at 0% for a steep wave.
    Hope this helps. It is very simple. The bottom line is that a 3800lb boat needs lots of ballast weight if you just have a small family on it.

Cool thanks. Gonna tinker around with the setup this Sunday.

Hi, we have a 22ssv 2007. We fill up left backside with appr. 1100lbs. Have an upgrade centrebag, 1180lbs, but it won't fill completely. Have the ultimate wakesurfbag (1000lbs) over the back and left side seats. Have a Pro X Series V-Drive Wake Surf Sac 400lbs left in the play pen. Run wakeplate appr. 50%. We have 14x14 prop. Run at 14 -15 km/h. Have a CWB Ride wakesurfboard. Everybody can ride without the rope after a few tries. Fiddeling with the wakeplate makes the wake nice and long or short and steep. Weight in front of the boat is very important to get a longer wake which enables you to get away from the platform. Weight of people riding is between 120 and 220 lbs.
    We are having some trouble with the Perfect Pass keeping the speed steady though, I'll try changing some settings next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Hi, we have a 22ssv 2007. We fill up left backside with appr. 1100lbs. Have an upgrade centrebag, 1180lbs, but it won't fill completely. Have the ultimate wakesurfbag (1000lbs) over the back and left side seats. Have a Pro X Series V-Drive Wake Surf Sac 400lbs left in the play pen. Run wakeplate appr. 50%. We have 14x14 prop. Run at 14 -15 km/h. Have a CWB Ride wakesurfboard. Everybody can ride without the rope after a few tries. Fiddeling with the wakeplate makes the wake nice and long or short and steep. Weight in front of the boat is very important to get a longer wake which enables you to get away from the platform. Weight of people riding is between 120 and 220 lbs.
    We are having some trouble with the Perfect Pass keeping the speed steady though, I'll try changing some settings next year.
    I ended up changing my PP settings. I updated both the KDW and NN. For surfing it seems like my PP works best if we gently throttle up to around the desired speed (obviously a little higher to it will set). If we throw down too abruptly, it will go a few MPH faster than the desired speed, then drop to a few MPH slower, then finally settle in. If we baby it a little, it shortens the time it takes to get to the sweet spot and also lessens the amount that it overshoots and undershoots the speed setting.

PP has great tech support, and they are quite helpful. Now, this might not be totally applicable to your setup as I'm not sure if you're drive-by-wire (electronic throttle control) whereas I have a physical throttle cable that's controlled my the PP servo motor.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

I run 13.8 in my boat with around 1300#
    its a perfect combo.
    2010 22V Launch de-badged and blacked out.
    510+ hours Inmar all stock
    Lake Wylie, SC

Have you tried to have the boat turning the same side you are surfing on? I make a very slight continious turn when I am surfing. So if I am surfing on the right side of the boat I make a long very slight turn to the right. It helps with the wave. Very slight turn left if surfing left side.