Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default How far do you travel to get to "your" water on the weekends??

I was talking to a guy at the docks last week......he was telling me it takes him roughly 60min of drive time to get to the lake! DAMN! So I thought I would ask what is your average time? We trailer our boat for the past two years....by the time I get her out of the garage, cover off, cooler filled and kids in the truck I can be on the lake in 35mins. Well that is IF my wife isn't deciding on another damn bathing suit. My actual drive time is only 15mins though.
    Shane

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch

Excluding the wife factor...I can have the boat loaded and be at the lake in 15mins. The drive time is actually about 8mins. This is assuming i don't need fuel.
    Function before fashion!

im a 300 foot walk down to my lake. it takes me about 5 mins to pack a cooler and hit the water.
    1988 Supra Sun Sport 454 PCM
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

I am lucky to keep my boat in the lake all the time. Right now I am at work, my boat is ~100 feet from me. If I keep it at my family's house on the lake, it's about 6 min from work, 15 from home.

But now with a 1-year-old, even if we're already at the lake, it's at least 15-20 minutes from the decision to go boating to actually leaving the dock!

20 minute drive from my house to the lake house where the boat is. Push of a button and it is in the water 3 minutes later.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

My boat sits in water (6 month/year) 20min from my home, 10min from my work. I just come with fuel cans, and we are 5min from the speed zone
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

From the time I pull into my driveway to being in the water is 15 minutes. Boat launch is 1 mile away. I'm spoiled but not as much as some on here!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

I have everyone topped. I drive roughly 2 hours 15 minutes from my house to my cottage every weekend. I live in Syracuse ny and have a cottage on devil lake in ontario Canada. Wouldn't trade it for anything. Beautiful pristine lake with very little boat traffic. Even on the windiest of days I can always find flat water for skiing.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Wow, after reading all the first posts a was really starting to feel sorry for myself! I'm about an hour drive from either of the lakes we frequent. Just goes to show, everyone has a little something to be thankful for!
    1991 SunSport

From my house to the first lake we frequent is an hour, the next lake just south of there is another 20mins, so anywhere from an hour to an hour twenty each way. This does not include packing the boat and dealing with the wife.
    2011 Supra 21V
    Wetsounds Icon8's
    2012 Tundra SR5 Crewmax 4x4