Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

From Binghamton, NY to Keuka Lake (our house to my grandmas cottage) 2 hours door to door. Hop on I81-S, go through Binghamton to RT17-W pop movie in, hit cruise 74 mph...
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    1.23:1 tranny
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1989 Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 5.8 Power Plus Package

1984 E-Scow

I am 1 hour drive time to the Potomac river with good traffic on the interstate, and 2 1/2 hours to the closest lake in the next state(PA). My dream is to live on a lake, but the one closest to us does not allow any homes within about a mile of the shore. Plus with the kid in college, and my job near D.C. it will have to wait....one day....
    -Rich
    1990 Supra Mariah/351 PCM 1:23-1 PCM

It takes about 20 minutes for me to get to the closest lake. Depends who is going out. During the week I kind of like going to Griggs which is about 35 minutes away. But it is pretty much just boarders and surfers. The water is always nice and flat. This year most of my regular crew quit going boarding with me. Really just one, he started dating my daughter and I guess she doesn't like him going on the boat with me. Apparently she is jealous of the boat, since I no longer have much interest in horses.

A dusty hot horse arena or having fun on the water. I will take the water every time.

And since he doesn't go, his friends don't go either. So I have some new guys that go out now. One is an awesome barefooter and pretty good on the airchair. I bought an airchair and few weeks ago and have been trying to learn it. But it isn't easy. So Griggs is a little closer to the new guys. I get off work at 2:30 pm and can be home and on the water by 3:30 or 4 at the latest. Just depends if the boat needs fuel.

On the weekends it is usually the wife and I and maybe some family or friends that aren't into boating or boarding very much. We usually go to Deer Creek and take a ride around the lake and then sit in the cove the rest of the day. It is busy and usually choppy from the traffic so just sitting and relaxing is what we do.

Planning on going out after work tomorrow. Supposed to be 95 degrees tomorrow and by Friday a high of 66. Water temps will be cooling off soon. Not looking forward to putting the boat away. Hoping to get out into October.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Quote Originally Posted by gogger View Post
    Hoping to get out into October.
    That's the beauty of having a closed bow or a bow cover for the open bows. Get out earlier in the season and stay out later. I didn't pull my boat out of the lift or winterize until a week or two before Halloween. Not bad for Yankee country as I am sure the Georgia boys will point out that they only take a month or two off from boating.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    That's the beauty of having a closed bow or a bow cover for the open bows. Get out earlier in the season and stay out later. I didn't pull my boat out of the lift or winterize until a week or two before Halloween. Not bad for Yankee country as I am sure the Georgia boys will point out that they only take a month or two off from boating.
    I have a bow cover, but have only used the snap in air dam that goes from the bottom of the windshield and blocks the walk through.

The heater is nice too.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

I'm in GA.......so yes my boat does NOT get winterized til early or mid November at best. While saying that, at the same time my boat isn't outside so it doesn't really need to be either. My garage is heated, so no worries about cracking a block or anything(yes I do regular maintenance). I was thinking my drive sucked in some ways but reading some I feel a lot better, grass isn't always greener I suppose. With a boy in college and a daughter that will be following him next year my lake house will have to wait so I guess I should be thankful I still own a boat and can get out a couple of times a week.
    Shane

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch

its better to have a full tank over winter rather than empty. Reason being, air expands and contracts very easy with temp change. An empty gas tank in a boat has tons of air is empty, this allows moisture to build up giving you some nasty gas for next year... I always fill up with gas and sta-bil. Never had a problem...
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    1.23:1 tranny
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1989 Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 5.8 Power Plus Package

1984 E-Scow

Default How far do you travel to get to "your" water on the weekends??

It's best to run it dry and change the water separator in the spring. Cheaper too. It will also give you about a month of gas in a fuel efficient car to burn over the winter!

Quote Originally Posted by villain View Post
    It's best to run it dry and change the water separator in the spring. Cheaper too. It will also give you about a month of gas in a fuel efficient car to burn over the winter!
    We put Stab-il in our gas when we winterize and NEVER had a problem with "old" gas.... stuff work great
    2012 20SSV

Default How far do you travel to get to "your" water on the weekends??

That's just we were taught at mercruiser school. It's way easier to fight condensation in the fuel than it is to fight bad gas. This comes from experience and school.