The GF and I had a discussion this weekend about possibly starting the process of considering a new boat. Between some savings, attractive loan rates, selling some of the other toys, etc we have realized that we can probably very easily take on a payment that we are comfortable with.

Here's the rub -- this only makes sense to us if we can upgrade to a dramatically better surf boat. Our boat fits the bill just fine for party coving, party coving, wake-skating and cruising. There's no doubt in our minds that a new Wakesetter 24 w/ Surfgate would be a MUCH better surf boat. There's no doubt that a Centurion Enzo would also fit the bill. I believe that both of these options are going to be out of our price range. We'll be limited to $35-40k.

It's hard for me to know if my boat is a better surf boat or if I just have it setup better (I've spent a lot of time with different bags/fittings/configs, etc) but it does surf better than the other (limited) models that I've got first-hand experience with. Notably, MC X-Star, MC X-1, Wakesetter XTi and a Malibu Response/Echelon.

What have you been on that's the BEST and might still be in our price range?