Thread: Winterizing

Default Winterizing

So I pulled the boat out and winterized it over the weekend. Sad day. Here's my question I have a gt40 motor. I pulled one plug on the back of each manifold, one on each side of the block, drain on the tranny cooler, and the one on the bottom of the raw water pump. I then dumped a gallon of rv antifreeze in each of the manifolds then into both hoses leading to the thermostat housing. I also dump rv into the raw water pump and put some into the t fitting where the temp sensor is. Lastly put some into the strainer. Changed the oil and filter fogged the cylinders, ran fuel stabilizer into the gas tank, and sucked out all the water in the bilge. . Did I get them all, am I missing anything?

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Did you run the engine after adding stabilizer so as to have the fuel line and carb treated? I always add the stabilizer on my last couple of trips out so I know it is distributed everywhere it matters. Did you remove the t-stat? If it was cold and closed the antifreeze will just bypass it and go right into the exhaust. I also remove my impeller from the pump for inspection and install again in the spring. Also I remove the hose at the pump end (from the trans cooler) and let it drain, as it runs low under the engine it tends to hold water.
    -Rich
    1990 Supra Mariah/351 PCM 1:23-1 PCM

I kept the block plugs open while I dumped antifreeze in to make sure is was getting into the block when it started to run out the drain plugs I put them back in and added the rest of the gallon. Did that on every plug. Block should be protected right. Yes ran the boat with stabilizer for around an hour. I didn't remove the impeller was going to just put a new one in during the spring.
    Last edited by Cusefan78; 09-30-2013 at 08:48 PM.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers