Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 2500HD View Post
    How's the progress coming?
    I have taken the boat out once since the prototype run. We loaded it up with almost a ton of ballast and the new platform worked fine. It's most certainly destined to ONLY be a prototype, as the spray on bedliner is already starting to flake off just from expansion/contraction of being outside in my RV parking.

We might go out tonight with it. Use it until it falls apart I guess! ROFL. We'll be making something more substantial over the winter. The proof of concept is sound, and no reason to adopt any other design.

I did call up TAP Plastics in Portland and they can source me a 62x24" piece of 3/4" HPDE for $188. So, the quickest and easiest would be to grab that, cut off the corners to make my trapazoid shape, round off the edges, and throw some closed cell foam on it for padding and be done.

My buddy kinda wants to go the plywood/fiberflass route because he could make a couple for the price of the 1 HPDE. We'll see what happens though. If we go out tonight, I can try to get some better video.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    If we go out tonight, I can try to get some better video.
    Looks like the Supra is parked for the night. Got an invite to ride a Tige V-drive. I'll be cheating on my DD...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Default Custom Surf Platform build

Tige huh?? Good choice! Lol. Which one is it?

Quote Originally Posted by villain View Post
    Tige huh?? Good choice! Lol. Which one is it?
    Pre2200.

We had it with a tube sack under the surf side seat and 400 in the locker witH 2 people in the bow surfside and 3 people surfside. It was great.

Update. After a lot of research I've found that pretty much no adhestives are going to stick to the HPDE that I was planning on using for a future platform. I had planned to put foam on top of the platform. However, I have found that they make textured anti-slip versions of both Starboard and Seaboard. The best price and local availability for me will be the Seaboard Grip-X product. However, I have to buy a whole sheet, which is enough to make two platforms. I think I'm going to wait until I have someone else that wants one to distribute the cost of materials better.

I think I might just throw some some adhesive and some foam on my prototype platform and just use that until it starts to fall apart. LOL.

You will have to use bolts instead of screws with hdpe matl that was my experience screws pulled out easy
    1990 Supra Saltare

I'm in. Just a thought would line x stick to it?

Screws work fine, you just need to pre drill. I would recommend using thinner material and bracing to cut down on weight and cost. Going from 1"to 3/4 is a huge savings
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Update. However, I have to buy a whole sheet, which is enough to make two platforms. I think I'm going to wait until I have someone else that wants one to distribute the cost of materials better.
    I am in. 10char

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    I'm in. Just a thought would line x stick to it?
    I kinda doubt it. From what I've been told by the plastics people there's not much that will adhere to it. That's why I've decided that the best bet would be using the Seaboard Grip-X, which has the texturing already on it.

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    I am in.
    Would you be down to do a white platform? I can get the white for less money than the black. A sheet of black is about $40 more than white. So if you wanted black, we could certainly do that too. It'd just add a little cost.

I was going to postpone my final platform build, but if you want one, I could probably make it happen sooner. What kind of timeline were you thinking?

These were the dimensions of my prototype. If I was going to make you one, I'd need to know the size of your platform brackets to make sure I got the length and width optimized for yours...