Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default A little sad today

Our season is just about done. Got in to work today and found this.

Oh crap! It's too early for that!!
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

Probably going to winterize today also. Only took her out 3 times this year...very bummed about that. Just too many other things to do, and no steady crew to ride with.
    -Rich
    1990 Supra Mariah/351 PCM 1:23-1 PCM

Steady crew is the hard part...i have to rely on my 64 year old father who's not into watersports at all to spot for us at the cottage...

Quote Originally Posted by Ptownkid View Post
    Steady crew is the hard part...
    I have the same issue... so I am planning ahead. bought another winter project to get ready for the times next year when noone else available to do anything:

Got one of them running good and took it out last wed. What a hoot!! now I am going to be "that" guy......
    86 Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by jasun View Post
    I have the same issue... so I am planning ahead. bought another winter project to get ready for the times next year when noone else available to do anything:

Got one of them running good and took it out last wed. What a hoot!! now I am going to be "that" guy......
    How much did you pay for the 4 of them???

I've got 2 in my garage but you should my friends vintage graveyard.... At first glance at that photo, I thought you must have found him and bought him out of some inventory. He's probably got 15+ hulls and enough parts to build at least that many. We've got a pretty regular crew on my river of vintage jet-ski guys. Check out my friend Drews skills....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGafTS_16bo
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    I've got 2 in my garage but you should my friends vintage graveyard....
    What do you have??

i gave 1200 for all 4. 2 "run"... lol one is a JS440 2 are JS550's and 1 is a JS550SX. the SX is the one that runs and I plan to take it out Wed. I have one of the 550's kinda running but having some back fireing issues. Going to check the woodruff key to make sure it is not sheared and go from there....

My plan is to have all 4 running by the spring.

the white with red (the 440) is just a shell right now and needs a little body work.

The Red JS500 (my favorite) is also a shell. but has lots of aftermarket parts.

All have aftermarket intakes and ride plates. I have Engines and parts and then some to get them all running.

I have rode stand up jets skis 3 times ever but feel in love after the 1st time and went and bought these 4. Have ridden the 550SX 2 times this year.

I figured I didnt want my Salt feeling old by buying someting from the late 90's or 2000's!
    86 Saltare

I've got two JS550s. One is pretty tricked out and the other is mostly stock (just an aftermarket ride-plate and exhaust.) They are both the "early" models with the front mounted exhaust tube. Fun and a good workout to ride. Don't use much gas, either!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by kvand347 View Post
    I'm going to choose to ignore the southerners who get to play almost year round! Thank you for rubbing it in! I feel much better.

For those in my shoes (or worse) thank you for your empathy! This time of year sucks!!
    well in Texas our lakes dry up
    2013 Supra Sunsport

if those two on the front of the trailer are both 85s I would bet you have my old skis.

If so the red one had almost ever aftermarket part made was a nasty bastard for a 550 anyway.

90 bravura 351 1.23/1pmc40 Pefectpass stargazer wake
    You only need two tools wd-40 and duck tape
    If it should move and doesn't wd40
    If it moves and shouldent duck tape