Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default MORE than a little sad today!

Supposed to get down to the mid 20's tomorrow night (74 as I write this) - had to winterize the Supra tonight.
    (maybe not for the last time!)

Was at Lake Powell last week - water in the mid 70's ... was a blast.

This time of year is depressing.
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

We should start a "support" thread for people like Todd and Kevin up in Stevens Point.

"Hi, I'm Ben, and I have to winterize this weekend."
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Hi, I'm jeff... And I have been winterizing boats all week. It has become more than a once a year thing for me. Just wasn't enough. I now winterize boats for other people. Kinda like a winterization mercenary. I do people's dirty work for a nominal fee. Lol

Sometime this week I will put together a how to for a comp. complete with crappy pics. all other classic supras should be the same.

I don't need a support thread.... yet. My water temp has actually gone UP! Was 56 last week and now it's 62. Wahoooo!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by villain View Post
    Sometime this week I will put together a how to for a comp. complete with crappy pics. all other classic supras should be the same.
    Winterizing my comp is down to a science...takes me about an hour from the time I start pulling fluids until I have the new oil and trans fluid in and circulated, motor fogged and block drained. Helps when you have a wife that is not afraid to get dirty and knows her way around the engine too!

Wotan, there is a place just south of here where you can ride well into October and sometimes into November I think. Water temp stays warm due to it being a cooling "pond" for the power plant there. The water is too warm during the summer but early spring and late fall it is about perfect from what I hear.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Yes it is Clinton Lake (Clinton, IL) Power Station lake. only thing you got to watch is the close the hot water output area to boat traffic durring the winter. I do not know when they close it but they open it back up i think April 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by villain View Post
    Please do. I need to get this done here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wolff View Post
    Yes it is Clinton Lake (Clinton, IL) Power Station lake. only thing you got to watch is the close the hot water output area to boat traffic durring the winter. I do not know when they close it but they open it back up i think April 1st.
    Clintons warm side is open from April 1 till October 15. Who can expect 80 plus water now . The water will get over 100 degrees on the warm side in the summer. It has a very good state park with camping and a good ramp. I don't want to brag but Lanier water is still about 80 and the air temp will be in the mid 80s this weekend.

Hi, im Mike. I haven't winterized yet, but i think about it all day long.... I told my GF that we cant hang out this weekend cuz ill be busy winterizing.
    1988 Supra Sun Sport 454 PCM
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4