Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Well, my summer vacation has finally ended. Winterized both boats and both jet skis yesterday as I return to work Wednesday. Already cannot wait for next spring to arrive though this winter will be nice to look for a new ski and some new boat gear as well.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

This guy's season is officially ended... We didn't see it happen, but we arrived at the ramp to see 2 tow trucks and the carnage. I guess the driver jack-knifed hard and it screwed up his SUV bad (enough to require a tow and I think it had broken out windows) and if you look closely, he now has a BREAKAWAY tongue on the trailer!!!!!!!!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Quote Originally Posted by villain View Post
    Sometime this week I will put together a how to for a comp. complete with crappy pics. all other classic supras should be the same.

any luck with the winterization list villain? im curious to see what the pro's do, and this is my first winterization with this boat so a little reminder wont hurt. I can't imagine its much different than winterizing a C.C.
    1988 Supra Sun Sport 454 PCM
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

What REALLY makes me sad? it's been in the upper 70's since I had to winterize (which is why said I winterized for maybe the FIRST time).

Indian summer rocks - it's beautiful weather-wise, but the freeze always kills the gardens and the boating.
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Packed mine full of fresh oil, trans fluid, and RV anti-freeze yesterday. Done until next year...
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

Wakesurfing yesterday. Water temp was 55F. It actually wasn't that bad until you were out of the water and the sun had gone down. Bad news though -- dropped my GoPro in 40ft of water.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    Wakesurfing yesterday. Water temp was 55F. It actually wasn't that bad until you were out of the water and the sun had gone down. Bad news though -- dropped my GoPro in 40ft of water.
    any chance of recovering? I'd be getting my scuba diving buddy out there!!!!!!!!!!

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    any chance of recovering? I'd be getting my scuba diving buddy out there!!!!!!!!!!
    Our river has zero visibility. They never recover/find anyone in it until they float to the surface. The chances of finding a GoPro down there is pretty slim although if I dove myself, I'd probably head down and start feeling around.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    Our river has zero visibility. They never recover/find anyone in it until they float to the surface. The chances of finding a GoPro down there is pretty slim although if I dove myself, I'd probably head down and start feeling around.
    I dive. But I don't have any of my own gear other than goggles really. So I'd probably blow more money renting gear and wasting my time than the gopro is worth.

On a side note, I always bring my snorkel and dive goggles with me on the boat. Makes is a zillion times easier to check the prop and to untangle a ski rope from the propshaft!!! (don't ask me how I know)

Losing a gopro stinks. I lost mine last year cliff diving. The mount broke when I hit the water. I'm lucky enough to have dive gear so finding it wasn't bad. I went out and bought the floaty for my camera

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers