Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default This old boat.....

I found this amusing in a real prick kind of way, so i thought id share

Yesterday I decided i was definately too sick to work on the last sunny 80 degree day of the year. On my way down to the dock for my morning boat ride (Doctors orders) i saw my neighbors nice brand new $110,000 (or so he states) Tige barfing out of the bilge pump. (see pic) This gave me a sick sense of satisfaction, since my neighbors are not real high up my list of people with good moral character, but thats another story. I looked over at my 25 year old sunsport, and smiled as i realized that i dont remember the last time i needed my bilge pump. In fact, my boat has been virtually trouble free for the last hundred hours (since i bought it in May) and i couldn't ask for much more out of this old boat. So i fired up the sunsport and let her warm up. I walked over to my neighbors dock, who at this point had figured out there was a problem, and was pulling all his access panels to located the source of his continuous bilge barf. So i said "hey whats up? nice boat, did you find the leak yet? I'd be pissed if my brand new boat was sinking" He didn't seen too happy at this point, so i figured id leave him alone in his misery and take my nice dry 25 year old boat out for a morning rip around the lake. When i got back he was now standing there with his buddy, both scratching their heads. I decided to have some sympathy on them and offer a little advice. I walked back over and watched them run in circles for a few more mins. I took a peek in the bilge, and said "try to turn off the shut off valves on the ballast system, they are notorious for leaking." He listed off several reasons why it couldn't possibly be the ballast system leaking. I decided it was a good time to grill up some lunch. So i ate and drank a beer and relaxed for a while, and walked back over to see where the leak was coming from. By now there were several other people around the big new expensive boat. I asked if he had any luck. He replied with his typical pompus tone "yeah i found the leak in the ballast system, i just turned off the shut off valves and its all good". At this point i was lmao on the inside. I replied with "good for you, Hope they cover that under warranty, and by the way, your welcome". I walked away feeling slightly more satisfied.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Moor; 10-03-2013 at 03:35 PM.
    1988 Supra Sun Sport 454 PCM
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

Working at a tige dealer that is honestly the first time i have heard of the ballast fittings leaking in the bilge. They got a bad batch of packing a a couple years ago. If there dealer is any good they will take care of that. I know we would.

hahahaha. nice one! I hate when people have no idea whats going on and you offer some advice that they shoot down immediately. Even you started up with a smart ass remark, which the deserve, they still should've considered it...
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    1.23:1 tranny
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1989 Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 5.8 Power Plus Package

1984 E-Scow

Villain, Im sure any reputable Tige dealer would (or at least should) take care of this on a boat that was recently purchased brand new. I was just trying to push his buttons and piss him off, i think i succeeded

Another case of more money than brains...
    Last edited by Moor; 10-03-2013 at 04:51 PM.
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

O, and there is no way he paid 110k. That is the Msrp with a trailer. If he paid msrp I have a new one to sell him that won't leak. Haha!

I wish my Supra was dry! Ours are certainly not immune...

Sadly mine is leaking around the rudder. I can grab my rudder from below the boat and and move it front/back/left/right. It's nice and loose and at a minimum needs new packing. Gosh, I HOPE that's all it needs. Of course having to pull the gas tank to do it has made it a project that gets pushed off. Let's hope I don't sink!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Quote Originally Posted by villain View Post
    O, and there is no way he paid 110k. That is the Msrp with a trailer. If he paid msrp I have a new one to sell him that won't leak. Haha!
    I figured he was exaggerating. He's the type of A-hole that always has to one up everyone and everything. I should have let his boat sink lol.
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

I love those type of people.......lol. Here they buy g23's and malibu's.. Way to many if you ask me. All their kids buy Axis A22's and MB B 52's. most loose them a year later cause they can't afford them with college tuition.
    Last edited by villain; 10-03-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by villain View Post
    I love those type of people.......lol. Here they buy g23's and malibu's.. Way to many if you ask me. All their kids buy Axis A22's and MB B 52's. most loose them a year later cause they can't afford them with college tuition.
    I have a CPA and an MBA and I still can't afford any of them!!!!!!!!!!!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

That's cause you prolly can't stomach a boat payment when you are looking at a boat you can't use for 4 months out of the year like me. I could have a new tige, but don't want a payment.