Default how much gas in tank for winterization??

Ive heard pros/cons of both but does anyone have any input on winterization whether to leave the gas tank near empty and treat with a little Stabil or to fill the tank up and treat with a full dose of stabil?
    2011 22 SSV

Default how much gas in tank for winterization??

In mercruiser school they say pull all fuel out. It's easier to deal with moisture in the tank than a whole tank of bad fuel. But I have done both with great results. If you in a high humidity climate fill it up completely and double dose with fuel treatment meant for ethanol.

Here's a couple of recent threads from other forums that have some good info about ethanol blended fuels, long or short term storage and which type of fuel treatment is recommended.

http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/showt...oline-question

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/...marine-engine/

If your tank is filled with ethanol blended fuel, I would lean towards the current thinking and leave the tank near empty and use an ethanol formula. If you have access to non-ethanol fuel, then you can go with the old-school method and fill the tank and then use a more traditional fuel stabilizer.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Quote Originally Posted by Wylietunes View Post
    If your tank is filled with ethanol blended fuel, I would lean towards the current thinking and leave the tank near empty and use an ethanol formula. If you have access to non-ethanol fuel, then you can go with the old-school method and fill the tank and then use a more traditional fuel stabilizer.

^^This for the most part. But most "stabilizers" are ethanol based (alcohol) so they aren't the best. I go with 100% ethanol free, fill the tank, and then add SeaFoam right before I start it in Spring. Nothing over winter. If you do have ethanol gas, not only do your best to empty that tank, but try to pump it out of the carb, and the fuel lines if rubber are used.

Thanks for the info! There are so many different opinions out there. I think im gonna go with leaving the least amount of fuel in there I can and putting stabil in during the winterization process. Then filling up with fresh gas next spring.
    2011 22 SSV