Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wake tower

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    That is the BEST looking implementation of the monster bimini that I have seen on a saltare! Nice work! I think it would be too low for my use, but it looks great!
    Thanks... it's actually a Bravura (only 21') but anyway, same lines.

The low height was key to get the most shade possible. The tower curves in so much, if it was up high it would have been useless at all times other than high noon in July (I also would have had to go with a smaller width bimini). You cannot stand up under it, needless to say. But it's just right for sitting on the gunwale - my head is above it so I can see over it. Someone sitting on the engine can also see over it.

It's not bad to get under, and it provides fabulous shade for the kids when we only go out for an hour or two... which was the goal. Not having to sunscreen two small children for a short boat ride is a game-changer.

I spent a LOT of time measuring before assembling that whole setup. It was time well spent.

I never put one on. When I was thinking of installing one my buddy that has a cottage right next to mine picked up a tige. I pull him skiing and he pulls me boarding.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Cusefan78 View Post
    I never put one on. When I was thinking of installing one my buddy that has a cottage right next to mine picked up a tige. I pull him skiing and he pulls me boarding.
    The Labrisa is a wonderful boat and produces an outstanding wake for slalom skiing.
    As a wakeboard boat , fat sacks and all it is far from being ideal. Great perhaps to learn with but not a serious contender IMHO.
    If you want the tower for other reasons go for it but if only to try to create a wakeboard boat out of it then you may wish to consider a different model. I wouldnt spend the $ on a tower in this instance.
    Candidly, my personal opinion that may upset a few readers I fully realize.
    Know however , that you have. an awesome boat for general alround family fun and watersports.

Crystal, that was my thought on it also. My labrisa is a decent ski boat and it's roomy enough to cruise around the lake. When I was thinking about a tower I thought I would be wake boarding more. In the end I always come back to skiing. I'm always going to be a ski first type. When I do want to wake board I have two very good friends that I can go out with.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers