Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 1993 Sunsport - SE WI - what is it worth?

Hi everyone,

First post here and in the market for a 93' or newer sunsport.

Have a look at this listing and let me know what you think. I'm not in a rush as long as we have one by next spring.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa/4003711749.html

Thanks,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by bochnak View Post
    Hi everyone,

First post here and in the market for a 93' or newer sunsport.

Have a look at this listing and let me know what you think. I'm not in a rush as long as we have one by next spring.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa/4003711749.html

Thanks,
    Matt
    I have a '93 and would say that you should be able to get the owner to come down on price. Vinyl replacement is expensive! Boat does not have tower, ballast, etc. that you would need to really surf or wakboard. You need to take it for a water test to determine what kind of mechanical shape it is in. As far as stringers, he is right! No worries on wood.
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

Thanks, Kevin.

This seller is "testing waters" so I don't think he is too motivated.

In your mind, what should this boat be selling for?

What is 8xx hours ? Was his 0 key no working? I would say he is not far off on price if the rest of the boat is exceptionally clean.

Cool, thanks.

I might go look at it this weekend.

What are some ballpark costs for interior work?

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    What is 8xx hours ? Was his 0 key no working? I would say he is not far off on price if the rest of the boat is exceptionally clean.
    He stated that he is still using it so that number keeps changing...made sense to me, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by bochnak View Post
    I might go look at it this weekend.

What are some ballpark costs for interior work?
    Depends what all needs to be done. If it is the complete interior you could be looking at $3,000. If it is just cushions, maybe $1,000. Others who have had theirs done would know best.

It's hard for me to say what you should offer since so much will be based on the overall condition of the boat. You need to check EVERTHING! Motor, steering, rudder, prop, tracking fins, gelcoat (scratches, stress cracks, dings, etc), guages...

If you really want our opinions, take LOTS of pictures and post them on here. From there we can determine a fair valuation of the boat given it is mechanically sound. Even then, we can only base it on its cosmetic value. A water test will show you its mechanical condition.

With that being said, the boat is probably worth somewhere between $9,000-$13,000 depending on condition. I think $10,000 would be a fair offer.

When he says he is "testing waters," ask him how much he pays to store it over the winter. He might change his mind if he's paying to keep it garaged!

**EDIT** I just noticed that it is missing the center windshield. If he still has the frame, then all you would need is a replacement glass that any glass company should be able to make. If no frame, that may be hard to obtain.
    Last edited by kvand347; 08-26-2013 at 08:42 PM. Reason: WINDSHIELD
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

Not just the center piece but the left side windshield edge extrusion too...

Yep. That's missing as well. I'd ask several questions about it. If he tries to blow it off, keep on him about it. Depending on if he has the parts, it might be a deal breaker for me. The only way you are going to get that frame is off a donor boat or have someone custom make you one. You could make the sale contingent on him getting that fixed. If so, $10,000 could be a fair price like I stated earlier. If he won't fix it or doesn't have the parts, I'd offer lower.

All in all, it's more about what the boat is worth to YOU.
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport